Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Garrett_DirSec
Advisor

How convert stand-alone (all-in-one) to distributed policy.

Hello Community --

Customer currently has stand-alone (all-in-one) legacy Check Point appliance running R77.30 (very recent HFA) and I'm upgrading environment to distributed platform running R80.40 on HyperV.

We have the target platform installed, configured, and waiting for "migrate import". 

However, the current R80.40 migration tool "does not support conversion of all-in-one to distributed deployment".    The tool produces this error upon "migrate import <>" on target new SmartCenter.

Based on some upgrade experiences in past, is this a job for support to wave a rubber chicken and purge gateway properties of "all-in-one" configuration from "migrate export <>" file?    I know for fact they can do numerous inexplicable behind-the-scenes procedures that only make me cringe. 

Alternatively, I figure there are ways to leverage fact target is virtual platform and first complete upgrade/migration to R80.40 as stand-alone platform (SmartCenter + Gateway) and then update the result platform to remove gateway portion (GUIDBEdit here I come  IsGateway=0 or similar along with updating object properties).

Ideally, I'd like support to purge the "migrate file" of gateway references but I realize this may create an issue with any gateway references in policy.   maybe these just become "any" and I can update once gateway SIC established?

Any insight would be appreciated.    I did search for various aspects of this topic and found nothing.

thanks -GA

14 Replies
This widget could not be displayed.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events