Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jigar_Gheewala
Participant
Jump to solution

How can i migrate multidomain server to one box?

In our current environment. We have 1 management station smart-1 25 in 1 domain and in other domain we have management station running on VM. Now our goal is to migrated this two station's into one box which is our new smart-1 5050 which is not in production yet. I know this product supports multidomain management and all can be handled by smart domain manager. 

But before we implement this, i have couple of questions.

1. My Vm station is running on 80.10 and smart-1 25 is running on 77.30 and smart-1 5050 is running on 80.10. Now can migration be possible?

2. if yes, then can my license also gets migrated to smart-1 5050 box from VM? Can i use same license that is on Vm currently to this box or do i have purchase new one?

3. Will all my policies and objects will remain separate? Can it be handled separately? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alejandro_Mont1
Collaborator

Yes, since you will be creating 2 domains the objects/policies/administrators will be completely separate from each other. For the R77.30 server, you would need to move the R80.10 migration tools onto that device, then run the upgrade verification service. Fix any major errors then migrate export using the R80.10 tools. When creating your new domain it will ask you if you have a backup file, specify the path to this file and that should be it.

I'm not positive about the R80.10 -> R80.10 database, might check with TAC on that one.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Alejandro_Mont1
Collaborator

I vaguely recall an issue migrating management databases R80.10 -> R80.10, not sure if this has been resolved. The R77.30 -> R80.10 move shouldn't be a problem. I also believe that you will need a new license, appliance and VM licenses are different. Correct me if I am wrong but you currently have 2 dedicated management servers, correct? If so you would need to build your new appliance to be a Multi-domain server, then create new domains for each domain you are importing. When creating new domains you have the option to import files from other environments.

Keep in mind multi-domain licenses are different than SmartCenter licenses.

0 Kudos
Jigar_Gheewala
Participant

Alejandro thanks for replying. Yes we have 2 dedicated server's. one is vm and other is a product. And we are going to make smart-1 5050 as multidomain server. But thanks for confirming regarding licenses. Also i need to make sure that after making this multidomain server all the policies and objects will remain separate and can be handled separately?   

0 Kudos
Alejandro_Mont1
Collaborator

Yes, since you will be creating 2 domains the objects/policies/administrators will be completely separate from each other. For the R77.30 server, you would need to move the R80.10 migration tools onto that device, then run the upgrade verification service. Fix any major errors then migrate export using the R80.10 tools. When creating your new domain it will ask you if you have a backup file, specify the path to this file and that should be it.

I'm not positive about the R80.10 -> R80.10 database, might check with TAC on that one.

Jigar_Gheewala
Participant

Thanks Alejandro for the clarification. I will do as you suggested. Thanks

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events