cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
valterj
Contributor

Gaia 80.40 JHF Update

Hi, all. 

I tried to import a JHF to a SMS virtual machine, but it was taking so long and I refresh browser. When I tried to import again, I received an error message about lack of space in /var/log and I cannot import again. 

I connected in SMS using WinSCP to locate the package in /var/log and delete them, but I can't find the file. Where these files are located when we import a package in Gaia?

Regards. 

Valter Junior

0 Kudos
6 Replies
emmap
Employee
Employee

Packages are stored in /var/log/CPda/repository

the_rock
Legend
Legend

I always do something like this...if df -h shows certain directory is getting full (say /var/log), just run command like this from expert mode -> find /var/log -size +500000000c . That will look for any files bigger than 500 MBs. You can change to any value you prefer. But @emmap is right, directory she mentioned is actually correct, so check there and delete the package.

valterj
Contributor

It's very useful! Thank you @emmap and @the_rock 

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

BTW, what's the size of the VM? Minimum should be 110GB and Recommended 1TB:

https://sc1.checkpoint.com/documents/R80.40/WebAdminGuides/EN/CP_R80.40_RN/Topics-RN/Hardware-Requir...

Thanks

valterj
Contributor

The disk is really small, this VM is used to lab purposes only. But after that problem, I'm considering increase the disk size. 

Regards. 

the_rock
Legend
Legend

@Tal_Paz-Fridman is definitely right. I see customers use VM as mgmt server and thats totally fine, but if you wish to use it as production, better make sure its equipped as such. For lab, I do same as you...usually 100 GB and say 12 GB of ram, thats good enough.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events