Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eran_Habad
Employee
Employee

Exciting New Security Management Features in R80.40!

Hi everyone,

My name is Eran and I'm a Group Manager in the R&D of Check Point. My group is responsible for the core infrastructure of the Management Server and also for the Management API. As you probably know, R80.40 has just been released and we're very excited about over 100 new features, many of them are in the Security Management platform.

Eran_Habad_0-1580225383384.jpeg

I invite you all to explore the What's New of R80.40 and specifically the Security Management section. The following new features were developed by my amazing group of R&D engineers and I encourage you to try them out and share your feedback:

Revert to Revision

The Security Management Server architecture supports built-in revisions. Each publish operation saves a new revision that contains only the delta from the previous revision allowing now safe recovery from a crisis by restoring a Domain or a Management Server to a good known revision.

Multi-Domain 

• Backup and restore an individual Domain Management Server on a Multi-Domain Server.
  • Migrate a Multi-Domain Security Management from one Multi-Domain Server to a different Multi-Domain Server.
  • Migrate a Security Management Server to become a Multi-Domain Security Management on a Multi-Domain Server.
  • Migrate a Domain Management Server to become a Security Management Server.

Management API

• DevOps teams can automate their security and transform it into DevSecOps workflows using Ansible and Terraform. Automate security responses to threats, provision both physical and virtualized next-generation firewalls and automate routine configuration tasks, saving time and reducing configuration errors.
  • Significant increase of performance for multiple set/edit/delete object commands with Batch API.
  • New Management API authentication method that uses an auto-generated API Key.
  • New Management API commands to create cluster objects.

SmartTasks

Configure automatic scripts or HTTPS requests triggered by administrator tasks, such as publishing a session or installing a policy.

Partial (infix) Search

Object search - support for partial word search using a wildcard, for example: a match is returned for searching *oba for an existing Host named: USGlobalHost.

Management Upgrade

Introducing a new Management Upgrade mechanism (under the hood) that includes:

• New dynamic HTML upgrade report that shows the current status while upgrade is in progress and the final report once upgrade is done.  ** Will be available starting next DA release ** 
  • New updatable code mechanism for delivery of upgrade fixes and enhancements, automatically downloaded as upgrade packages from the Download Center for online environments. This is also available for offline environments and requires to download latest upgrade package from the Download Center.   

Note: the new Management Upgrade mechanism will be executed when upgrading from R80.20, R80.20.Mx and R80.30 to R80.40 (and to any future version).

Feel free to reply to this thread with comments or questions, or to reach me out privately. Also, you're welcome to stop by next week at the #CPX360 in Vienna and visit me in the Technology Innovation room, next to the Security Management table.

Enjoy R80.40!

Eran

18 Replies
This widget could not be displayed.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events