Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christopher_To
Collaborator

Errors when opening gateway object

Is anyone familiar with these error messages?  These come up sometimes after pushing policy and only when I open a Check Point Gateway object.  When these errors pop up I can open the object but can't make any changes.  I can get around this by disconnecting and reconnecting to SmartConsole.

Mgmt and Gateway are on R80.20 with Jumbo Take33.

failed_to_get_referrals.pngerror13.pngerror3.png

0 Kudos
8 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I’ve seen errors like this if SmartConsole is open for an extended period of time. Not sure what the reason is, but it might be worth a TAC case.
Christopher_To
Collaborator

Just an update.  I have opened a TAC case with support and we are currently still working on the issue. 

0 Kudos
nbnaryal
Participant

How the issue was resolved

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

What version and build of SmartConsole client are you using?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
nbnaryal
Participant

I am using R80.10

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Please ensure that you are running the lastest client build for R80.10 available from:

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

Moreover please be aware that R80.10 is out of support and you should consider upgrading major versions to R80.40 or higher depending on your hardware.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
nbnaryal
Participant

Hi, 

I am using the checkpoint R80_10 B188 that you mentioned here. Yes, we are planning to upgrade it soon. Is there any solution for it

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

This happens when there is a very short connectivity issue between the Security Management Server and SmartConsole.

SmartConsole is still connected but legacy objects like Security Gateways objects give the errors you encountered.

The quick workaround is to logout and login with SmartConsole.

For a long term solution you need to find what causes the quick connectivity issues.

Do you have a Security Gateway between the Security Management Server and SmartConsole?

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events