cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
biskit
Advisor

Contract Renewal Issues

Hello everyone 😀

I find often that the license status in R80.x is inaccurate.  Is this a common/known problem?

Today I have the latest example of this.  The customer has renewed NGTX.  I've updated the contract on all servers, and depending where you look you get differing statuses. 

As far as I know in R80.20 there are 3 places to check the license status.  These are:

1. Manage Licenses & Packages (aka - SmartUpdate) (from where I updated the contract)
  2. Gateway summary - Device & License Information
  3. CLI - #cplic print

I would expect these to all line up perfectly. 

But they don't.  

Why not??

I updated the contract file yesterday, and by way of example with one of the clusters, one member in #cplic print shows the updated renewal date 1 AUG 2020.  The other cluster member still showed the old date of 1 AUG 2019.  As I have the magic tick box ticked which automatically checks and updates I thought I'd leave it over night and check this morning.  Today that member is up-to-date.  Great!  But there is still a problem...

To illustrate this I have some screenshots from the aforementioned cluster member.

1) #cplic print.  Notice all blades are good until 1Aug2020 - including the URLF blade.

Capture3.PNG

2)  SmartUpdate.  Again, notice all blades are good until 1Aug2020 - including the URLF blade.

Capture1.PNG

All good so far!

But then....

3)  the Status view from SmartConsole show some blades updated, and others not.  So what's going on??

Capture2.PNG

When I go to install the policy I get the same warnings...   highlighting the URLF blade again as one example.

Capture4.png

Capture5.PNG

So, any ideas why SmartConsole still moans about contracts about to expire, when SmartUpdate is up-to-date, and the gateway has the up-to-date contract on it?  Where is SmartConsole looking for this info?  It obviously isn't the same place SmartUpdate references.  

Thanks,

Matt

22 Replies
This widget could not be displayed.

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: CPX 2024 Recap

Tue 30 Apr 2024 @ 03:00 PM (CDT)

EMEA: CPX 2024 Recap

Thu 02 May 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)

APAC: What's new in R82

Tue 23 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (EDT)

East US: What's New in R82

Thu 25 Apr 2024 @ 11:00 AM (SGT)