cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaySon_2021
Participant
Jump to solution

Backup management station in expert mode

I need to make a backup of a management station via expert mode. Currently, the CPD daemon is down and we can't access clish. Is there a way to get a backup and/or snapshot from the CLI in expert mode?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Any command you can run in clish mode, can be ran from expert mode as well...for example, if you were to run from clish mode say "show interface eth0", you would do same from expert by typing clish -c "show interface eth0", so for backup, I believe you can do something like clish -c "add backup local interactive" or it also gives you options to do to ftp or sftp, so you can do clish -c "add backup ftp..."

For example:

add backup ftp ip 1.1.1.1 path

add backup
ftp - Store the files on ftp server
local - Store the files locally
management - Store the files on the management
scp - Store the files on scp server
tftp - Store the files on tftp server

If you have any trouble, message me and I can show you on a working firewall or mgmt server.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Any command you can run in clish mode, can be ran from expert mode as well...for example, if you were to run from clish mode say "show interface eth0", you would do same from expert by typing clish -c "show interface eth0", so for backup, I believe you can do something like clish -c "add backup local interactive" or it also gives you options to do to ftp or sftp, so you can do clish -c "add backup ftp..."

For example:

add backup ftp ip 1.1.1.1 path

add backup
ftp - Store the files on ftp server
local - Store the files locally
management - Store the files on the management
scp - Store the files on scp server
tftp - Store the files on tftp server

If you have any trouble, message me and I can show you on a working firewall or mgmt server.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thank you @JaySon_2021 for pointing out something I honestly did even know was possible at all...I never realized that if you ran backup --help from expert mode, it would give you options below and doing a backup this way is 100% valid too, so excellent find.

backup --help
usage:
backup [-h] [-d] [-l] [--purge DAYS] [--sched [on hh:mm <-m DayOfMonth> | <-w DaysOfWeek>] | off] [--tftp <ServerIP> [-path <Path>] [<Filename>]]
[--scp <ServerIP> <Username> <Password> [-path <Path>] [<Filename>]]
[--ftp <ServerIP> <Username> <Password> [-path <Path>] [<Filename>]]
[--file [-path <Path>] [<Filename>]]

where:
-d Show debug messages
-l, --logs Back up log files
-h, --help Show this help information
-t, --tftp Transfer backup package to TFTP server
-s, --scp Transfer backup package to SCP server
-v, --ftp Transfer backup package to FTP server
-f, --file Specify local backup package filename
-e, --sched Configure scheduled backup operation
-p, --purge Purge local backup packages older than DAYS

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events