Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vinceneil666
Advisor
Jump to solution

Maestro configuration gclish/expert

Hi good people ! 🙂 

I have a single site, dual orchs - setup. 4 appliances, 65k's

I assume that when I want to follow, lets say -as an example- sk104717, that demands some reg_edit and cpstop/start. For the Maestro setup, this will demand me to go and do this on each of the appliances - there is no global way of dooing this ? - are there any other special things or heads-up messages out there on this ? 

Having telnet'd in to the SG's ip, made sure to run gclish. I tried setting the snmp location:

[Global] xxxx-xxxx-xxx-ch01-01 > set snmp location A-Rock-And-A-Hard_Place
1_01:
success

1_02:
Member 1_02: Member is down

1_03:
Member 1_03: Member is down

1_04:
Member 1_04: Member is down

I see that I get "Member is down" on the other three appliances... But this might be normal ? Checking the SNMP config on all of them afterwards, I see that the SNMP setting I configured was there - so it had been distributed somehow ? Any input on this would be perfection.

Running ASG monitor I see that the other 3 are down.. But I am having a hard time understanding what is missing ? I have added then in the webgui to the SG.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
The "Member is down" message shows when you have not installed any policy yet.

For the other question, changes done in the registry on the main member will only be copied to the other members when cloning is still enabled.
Regards, Maarten

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
The "Member is down" message shows when you have not installed any policy yet.

For the other question, changes done in the registry on the main member will only be copied to the other members when cloning is still enabled.
Regards, Maarten
vinceneil666
Advisor

Ah, Ok - and you have also stated this in your excelent basic setup pdf to - I see now.