Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nischit
Contributor
Jump to solution

15600 gw stuck in loading after first time wizard on r80. 20sp

Hi, 

I have a maestro box and I am planning to connect it with 15600 gw. On maestro, we have installed r80.20sp and i also installed r80.20sp on 15600 gw. R80.20 sp is successfully installed on 15600 gw. However, after running first time wizard on 15600 making it maestro gw, the device gets rebooted. The device doesn't come up. I have attached the screen shot of console output.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
What configuration are you using? Single MHO Single Site?
Did you read my setup guide?
My guess is that you have a single MHO connected to at least 1 15600, so you need to tell the MHO config that it is a single unit, the default value is 2 and when that value is not in sync with reality this will happen.
Regards, Maarten

View solution in original post

Nischit
Contributor

Hi,

Sorry for replying a bit late.

After attaching all the GW's on the Security Group (SG) from Maestro Orchestrator Web UI, I ran the First time wizard for all the GWs from the Maestro Orchestrator and it worked. So, we do not have to run the FTW individually on all the GW's. As all the GWs will be a member of SG. We should only run FTW on SG from the Orchestrator Web UI. 

Thanks a lot for your support.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
The issue there is that you should not be running the First Time Wizard manually, let the system do that.
Hook it up to the Maestro and input the data in the Security group and assign the GW to that Security group.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Nischit
Contributor

Hi,

In 15600 you need a hotfix for MHO to detect the gateway. That's why I did the first time wizard to install the hotfix.

I connected the gateway with MHO on downlink port however, the gateway 15600 was not detected by maestro in unussigned Gateways. 

Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
Best is to scp the fix to the box and then run the JHF163 (minimal), or even better install the latest GA JHF191.
Did you try? I have 5800's and before installing any JHF (minimal 163 as well) it was showing up in the maestro.
I think it is more important that the Maestro has that Jumbo installed than the appliance for the recognition.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Also watch out that there are 2 different Jumbo packages the MHO version that can ONLY be installed on the MHO140/170 and a gateway version.

Jumbo-MHO.JPG

 The top one should be installed on the Orchestrator but not on the gateway.

Regards, Maarten
Nischit
Contributor

Hi, 

Yesterday, I installed 191 JHF on both orchestrator and GWs but no luck.

Is 15600  a supported maestro gateway? When I click on orchestrator tab in MHO I don't see any of the Gateways on 'Unassigned Gateways'. It prompts an error 'failed to load security gateway'

Please refer the attached screen shot. 

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
What configuration are you using? Single MHO Single Site?
Did you read my setup guide?
My guess is that you have a single MHO connected to at least 1 15600, so you need to tell the MHO config that it is a single unit, the default value is 2 and when that value is not in sync with reality this will happen.
Regards, Maarten
Nischit
Contributor
Changed the MHO config as a single unit and it worked. Thanks a lot!
0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
0 Kudos
Nischit
Contributor

Hi,

Just to confirm - do I need to configure FTW on all the GWs or I can add all the GWs on the SG and then only configure FTW for SG? Cause if I run the FTW on the individual GW via GUI, the GW does not boot and it gets stuck in 'loading' and I get the error that I have attached in the above reply. 

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
From my very first reply:
The issue there is that you should not be running the First Time Wizard manually, let the system do that.
Hook it up to the Maestro and input the data in the Security group and assign the GW to that Security group.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Nischit
Contributor

Hello,

Thanks a lot!  I will try that today and see if this works. 

0 Kudos
Nischit
Contributor

Hi,

Sorry for replying a bit late.

After attaching all the GW's on the Security Group (SG) from Maestro Orchestrator Web UI, I ran the First time wizard for all the GWs from the Maestro Orchestrator and it worked. So, we do not have to run the FTW individually on all the GW's. As all the GWs will be a member of SG. We should only run FTW on SG from the Orchestrator Web UI. 

Thanks a lot for your support.