Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mistercinux
Contributor
Jump to solution

What are "fwm core files" ?

Hello,

We are experiencing fw process crashes on a gateway R80.30 (kernell 3.10), and the support expects us to send "fwm core files". Could someone tell me what files are expected here ?

I've found something at page 10 of the following document, but I'm not sure if these are the expected files.

https://downloads.checkpoint.com/fileserver/SOURCE/direct/ID/11844/FILE/How-To-Troubleshoot-Policy-I...

Thanks and regards.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dror_Aharony
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

as all CheckPoint core-dump files, they are located under: /var/log/dump/usermode/ with the relevant process name.

fwm.<PID>.core

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Dror_Aharony
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

as all CheckPoint core-dump files, they are located under: /var/log/dump/usermode/ with the relevant process name.

fwm.<PID>.core

0 Kudos
mistercinux
Contributor

Thanks for reply.

0 Kudos
Tal_Paz-Fridman
Employee
Employee

If the crashes happen on the Security Gateway you will not have fwm core files. These file are only present if the machine is also running a Security Management Server.

You should look for core like from processes such as fw or fw_loader or fwd.

BTW the document How To Troubleshoot Policy Installation Issues refers to Check Point versions that are no longer supported (from over 10 years ago) and while some things are still true (like the location of the core files) others have changed.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events