cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chuka
Explorer

Using Netbackup to take backup of Log server

Hello Team, 

we run an open server running on R80.1 with a network attached storage as a log server.  we have an enterprise net backup solution used for all enterprise application and devices. The solution is agent based and requires the installation of an agent.

I have not seen anything on checkpoint support site to show it supports netbackup agents.

Have anyone used Netbackup agents for log backups before, and how did it go

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

We do not support the installation of third party software like this on Gaia OS.
chuka
Explorer

Thanks Phoneboy,
What other options do i have to perform automated backups, i have a one year log retention period, our logs have grown.
All i can think of is an automated script to copy the logs to a network share and then backup. Open to suggestions.
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

That's what most customers do: use a script to copy off older logs. There's likely some examples of this on CheckMates.

0 Kudos
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

Once you install non-Check Point approved packages you lose Check Point support for the management server.

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
0 Kudos
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

Solution:

Install the management server as a virtual system on VMware. Then you can use agentless VMware backup tools:-)

Regards

Heiko

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
0 Kudos
chuka
Explorer

Thanks Heiko,

This willb be an option going forward, will plan with our infrastructure team on the right sizing.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events