cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create a Post

Top Bandwidth Applications graphed over time?

I'm trying to find a good report/view/chart to graph top bandwidth utilization applications over time.  I can find this view but it's only cumulative for the specified time period, not graphed over time.  So rather than just a list of the top applications and their total usage over, for example, 30 days, I need to see a graph of the traffic.  For example we have an application that uses a ton of bandwidth, but it should ONLY be doing so after hours.  The High Bandwidth Applications view doesn't reveal the bandwidth usage patterns...

Tags (3)
10 Replies
Highlighted
Admin
Admin

Re: Top Bandwidth Applications graphed over time?

You wanting to see that, at hour X that application Y is using Z bytes of data, is that correct?

https://community.checkpoint.com/people/dados1c5b14ae-3a0e-30b3-8774-7305f45a41dc‌?

0 Kudos

That's exactly what I'm looking for, a historical graph of data usage per application over a a designated time period, rather than just the total usage by that application over a designated time period.

0 Kudos
Employee+
Employee+

Something like this?

Create a time line widget and use the below settings:

To get more applications, increase the limit parameter.

D_W
Nickel

Do you use SmartEvent for this? Is this also possible with R77.30?

0 Kudos
Admin
Admin

This is SmartEvent R80.10.

0 Kudos

I don't appear to have 'Application Name' available as the Series:

application_name_missing.jpg

We have two access policies where all rules are set to 'Log' in the 'Network' policy and all rules are set to 'Extended Logging' in the 'Application' policy:

image.png

Logs record Application Names:

image.png

This is on a MDS R80.30, recently upgraded from R80.10 and a newly deployed R80.30 non-MDS installation.

0 Kudos

I'm trying to do this just to have a view of the internet data per day. The results are not correct. Does this require accounting to be active on the logging of the rules? 

The clients would like a report of bandwith usage per day per gateway.

Jeff_Gao
Copper

Yeah,the results are not correct. even though you select accounting in policy.securexl traffic can not be count,so the results are not correct.

Even with the recent change in secureXL?

Jeff_Gao
Copper

I think unless you close securexl
0 Kudos