cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heath_Mote
Collaborator
Jump to solution

SmartView Monitor Email Message

I see the place to set the mail message in the thresholds but where do I create and test the mail settings? We have reporting being emailed weekly but how do I set these alerts upon disconnect, issues, etc in Monitor? Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

You can easily configure your mail settings within SmartDashboard > Policy > Global Properties > Log and Alert > Alerts.

You can either use the integrated mail alert: internal_sendmail -s 'SmartView Monitor Threshold Alert' -t MAILSERVER -f SENDER_EMAIL_ADDRESS RECEIVER_EMAIL_ADDRESS

or configure a user defined alert: echo 'SmartView Monitor Threshold Alert' | $FWDIR/bin/sendmail -s 'Subject' -t MAILSERVER -f SENDER_EMAIL_ADDRESS RECEIVER_EMAIL_ADDRESS

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

You can easily configure your mail settings within SmartDashboard > Policy > Global Properties > Log and Alert > Alerts.

You can either use the integrated mail alert: internal_sendmail -s 'SmartView Monitor Threshold Alert' -t MAILSERVER -f SENDER_EMAIL_ADDRESS RECEIVER_EMAIL_ADDRESS

or configure a user defined alert: echo 'SmartView Monitor Threshold Alert' | $FWDIR/bin/sendmail -s 'Subject' -t MAILSERVER -f SENDER_EMAIL_ADDRESS RECEIVER_EMAIL_ADDRESS

Heath_Mote
Collaborator

So within SmartDashboard, when I enter that internal_sendmail in the Run mail alert script, what exactly does that do for me? Is that only for Monitor? Also, what is the Send mail alert to SmartView Monitor option there?

I also check my current settings and it shows 'internal_sendmail -s alert -t mailer root' in that field. Above in the Log and Alert section there is also an option to set a Mail Alert...does this mean it will use these same settings?

0 Kudos
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

Everytime you see a 'Mail' Alert available as action it triggers the action defined in 'Run mail alert script'.

'User Alert' triggers 'Run UserDefined script no.1'.

'User Alert 2 ' triggers 'Run UserDefined script no.2'.

'User Alert 3' triggers 'Run UserDefined script no.3'.

You need to adjust your current default settings to meet your actual requirements and environment for mail server, sender and reciepent email address. I provided you with some examples in my last reply.

The 'Send mail alert to SmartView Monitor' option is described in Check Points integrated Help as shown below.

Heath_Mote
Collaborator

We added the Global Properties then restarted the alert daemon and the alerts started working. Thanks for the information!

If anyone from CP is listening, it would be nice to have that message parsed better and the ability to add details, 'Policy Installed - FW1', 'Device Disconnected - FW3', etc. to the subject line of the message. Thanks again! 

ED
Advisor

I totally agree that the email recieved from a treshold could be more informative in the subject line. Now you get a bunch of information and have to look closer to see what occured with the same subject for different thresholds. 

0 Kudos
Jon_Louis_Fern1
Participant

Hi sir danny i have a question regarding to the email sender. What email address will i put there? Is there a configuration in the firewall for its email address to be defined as the sender email address? 

0 Kudos
ED
Advisor

Hi,

For the -f SENDER_EMAIL_ADDRESS you can put whatever you want in the Global properties. Forexample checkpoint@yourdomain.com

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events