Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CPengine
Explorer
Jump to solution

Smart Event and ITSM Tool Integration

Hi Checkmates,

Wanted to start a discussion on integrating alerts out of Smart Event into an ITSM Tool such as Remedy, Service Now, or Cherwell. We would like to use the email alerts we get from Smart Event but they are in html format and would need to be scraped to get the relevant data to feed into an ITSM Tool. I haven't been able to find another way to do this. Wasn't sure if Smart Event could use APIs to connect the systems. Has anyone had any experience with attempting to do this? If so, would you mind sharing that experience? If there are already posts about this topic please feel free to point me in that direction. Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You realize that SmartEvent can be configured to run scripts as automatic reactions, right?

These scripts could call whatever API you want (using curl or similar, assuming a REST API).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You realize that SmartEvent can be configured to run scripts as automatic reactions, right?

These scripts could call whatever API you want (using curl or similar, assuming a REST API).

CPengine
Explorer

Thanks for the reply Dameon. I'll look around the community to see if anyone has accomplished what I'm trying to do. Scripting is not an area of expertise for me.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events