Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crescentwire
Employee
Employee
Jump to solution

SNMP polling for interface peak values

Hi everyone, 

I have a cluster of 23900s running R80.10. In CPview, I can see interface peak values under Network > Interfaces > Traffic. I'd like to poll these values (per interface) and store them in an external monitoring environment for historical reference. I've gone through Check Point's SNMP doc (sk90860) but haven't found what I'm after.

If this is possible, would you please let me know which OID I should be using?

Thanks very much.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
That value just is not there in the SNMP values. The only way to get it is by calculating it yourself. Or find a way to query the CPView database.
Regards, Maarten

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
This value is taken by the SNMP (or CPview application) application from it's own database, SNMP subtracts the bytes throughput counter since last poll and stores it as the value for that poll time period. Thus calculating the Bps or bps values. The peak value in the database is checked to see if the current value is higher and if so stores that higher value in the database.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
crescentwire
Employee
Employee

Thanks, Maarten. I'm interested in polling that peak value exclusively. Do you know of a way to do this?

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
That value just is not there in the SNMP values. The only way to get it is by calculating it yourself. Or find a way to query the CPView database.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
crescentwire
Employee
Employee

Thanks for clarifying. I'll have to find a way to do this using other SNMP values gathered and then performing arithmetic operations to grab the highest peak seen historically.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events