Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post a Question
D_W
Nickel

Report or View for Device Health and Availability

Hello,

i need a SmartEvent View/Report (R80.10) to display the Checkpoint Gateways Health and Availability - Monitoring Blade is available if needed for this.

Does someone already realized this kind of view? Is this possible via SmartEvent?

Thx for response,
David

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Jerry
Gold

Re: Report or View for Device Health and Availability

did you ever use Monitoring funcion in R80.10/20 ? Smiley Happy check this out ... you may have your question answered in a speed of light   SmartEven will deliver as well but all depends what you're after. All the rest see (AFAIK) cpview on shell Smiley Happy

Jerry
0 Kudos
Employee+
Employee+

Do you need current gateway health, or also to be able to see history?

How many gateways do you have?

Which metrics would you like to present?

0 Kudos
D_W
Nickel

I need some kind of business view for the management to provide the "availability" of the gateways in defined time frames.

Metrics to present for now (because I am not sure what numbers the management really needs and they cannot tell either 😞

- gateway uptime

- gateway successful connection to the management

- The average device/service health

@Jerry Szpinak:

Do you mean the monitoring function from the Gateways & Servers Tab in SmartConsole? I only see the actual status of Gateways there.

Or do you mean the SmartMonitoring?

0 Kudos
Jerry
Gold

- gateway uptime ----> this can be achieved by any SNMP monitoring software (ie. PRTG free?)

- gateway successful connection to the management ---> SIC monitoring you mean?

- The average device/service health ---> that is too vague mate - you need to be more specific as most of the SNMP monitoring software already got that funcionalities built-in so not a big deal to set this up unless ...

you need to do ALL THIS by Check Point Software - then SmartEvent and SmartMonitor should be your guide (I'd anyway encourage you to see what R80.20 brings to the table on this matter).

Cheers

Jerry
0 Kudos