Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Horne
Advisor
Jump to solution

R80.20: Administrators cannot log into Web Smartview GUI

Hello,

I have a management server running R80.20.

Some administrators can log into the Smartview Web GUI, while some of them can. The affected administrators can log into the Smart Console. The can access the Log and Monitoring section and can query and view logs using SmartConsole.  

The same user is not able to connect to the SmartView Web GUI. The message "Invalid username and password"

When you look at the active sessions in the SmartConsole you can see the user has a "SmartView" session.

I have recreated the affected administrators.

I have restarted the management server.

Does anyone have any ideas?

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

This is a known bug.

It is fixed in the Ongoing JHFA 73 and higher.

I've bumped into it recently myself.

View solution in original post

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

@Bishal_Upadhyay , the Ongoing Take JHFAs are incorporate all incremental fixes for the problems that were identified since the last release of the GA JHFA.

Since scenarios under which the issues addressed in Ongoing Takes are environment specific, these are made available to help users deal with those without waiting for the next GA availability.

In order to install an ongoing take, you are using CPUSE, same as with GA, except you are following the numbered steps below:

image.png

and pasting the "CPUSE Online Identifier" from the https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

in the search box.

Once downloaded and displayed in the "Showing All Packages" section, you can run "Verifier" to confirm the suitability of the package and proceed to installation, if it is confirmed.

When next GA JHFA will be released, running the "Verifier" against it will let you know if it could be applied on top of the Ongoing Take, or if the Ongoing Take must be uninstalled first.

As always, I recommend creating both, snapshot and a backup of the existing systems and download them from the appliances using "Export" function for possible recovery.

Regards,

Vladimir 

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

@Michael_Horne , I believe I have used the same JHFA 87 to get the issue resolved.

If you have management server and the SmartEvent on two different appliances or VMs, please make sure that the JHFA is installed on both and that database installation was performed on them.

If I recall correctly, it may have require subsequent reboot as a last step to get it working as cpstop/cpstart did not do the trick.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

This is a known bug.

It is fixed in the Ongoing JHFA 73 and higher.

I've bumped into it recently myself.

Bishal_Upadhyay
Contributor
Hi Vladimir,

But we have General Availability Take 47, that means we have to install Ongoing Take 73 too in order to remove this bug?

With Regards,
Bishal
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

@Bishal_Upadhyay , I believe that the current Ongoing Take is 74. That's the one you'll need to install to get this resolved. As I have mentioned earlier, 73 or higher would work.

0 Kudos
Bishal_Upadhyay
Contributor
Hi Vladimir,
Thanks for the reply.
Sorry in advance, this might be a beginner question, still I want to ask whether General Availability(GA) Take and Ongoing Take are two different hotfixes, and what should the approach be if we have latest GA on our firewalls and now we need to install latest ongoing take?
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

@Bishal_Upadhyay , the Ongoing Take JHFAs are incorporate all incremental fixes for the problems that were identified since the last release of the GA JHFA.

Since scenarios under which the issues addressed in Ongoing Takes are environment specific, these are made available to help users deal with those without waiting for the next GA availability.

In order to install an ongoing take, you are using CPUSE, same as with GA, except you are following the numbered steps below:

image.png

and pasting the "CPUSE Online Identifier" from the https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

in the search box.

Once downloaded and displayed in the "Showing All Packages" section, you can run "Verifier" to confirm the suitability of the package and proceed to installation, if it is confirmed.

When next GA JHFA will be released, running the "Verifier" against it will let you know if it could be applied on top of the Ongoing Take, or if the Ongoing Take must be uninstalled first.

As always, I recommend creating both, snapshot and a backup of the existing systems and download them from the appliances using "Export" function for possible recovery.

Regards,

Vladimir 

Bishal_Upadhyay
Contributor
Hi Vladimir,

Thanks for the reply.

It worked.

With Regards,
Bishal
0 Kudos
Michael_Horne
Advisor

Hi,

I have installed recently the Take 87 hotfix on the management server and the problem has not been resolved. If it was fixed in Take 73 then it should have been in Take 87 as well. 

This correct?

If so, then I think I need to open a case for this with Check Point

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

@Michael_Horne , I believe I have used the same JHFA 87 to get the issue resolved.

If you have management server and the SmartEvent on two different appliances or VMs, please make sure that the JHFA is installed on both and that database installation was performed on them.

If I recall correctly, it may have require subsequent reboot as a last step to get it working as cpstop/cpstart did not do the trick.

0 Kudos
Michael_Horne
Advisor

Hello,

I have confirmed that it works for new Administrators. I did not work when I created the new administrator and published it, but it worked when I remembered to try installing the Database.

I am waiting for confirmation from an existing administrator that it now works for them.

Many thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

@Michael_Horne , you are welcome. Please mark it as "Accepted Solution" so that future visitors could refer to it.

Regards,

Vladimir

0 Kudos
Julian_Sanchez
Collaborator
I am going to try it. I have a SmartEvent and SMS in two different applicances. I only updated hotfix of SmartEvent and I tried to open the smartview but it didnt work. I wll try to update the SMS too.
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events