cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt_J
Contributor
Jump to solution

R80.10 SmartConsole Linking Custom Sub-Views

Is there any way to create or link to a sub-view on widgets in Logs and Monitoring? In some of the OOTB views, when you click on widgets it takes you to a new view of that info. 

For example, I created a new view with custom widgets, one is 'Top Applications'. This shows the highest bandwidth apps. If I click on an app it, it opens a new log view tab which isn't very helpful in determining who's using the most bandwidth for that application since I can't sort or group in a log view. 

If I open the 'High Bandwidth Applications' view that CheckPoint created, it has the same widget. When I click an app on that one, it takes me to another view that shows top users, top browse time, amount of sent/received, timeline, etc. The sub-view has a back button that takes you back to your main view. 

Is there a way to create custom views like that? I can copy/paste that widget in the CheckPoint view to my own, but if I customize the sub-view, it customizes it for any other views linked to it. 

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Norbert_Bohusch
Advisor

Yes, there is a way, but it is not documented and only available through SmartView (Web-Interface)

1. Login to SmartView with parameter "#show-uid=true": https://<smartcenter>:<webui-port>/smartview/#show-uid=true
  2. Create your main view
  3. Create your drill-down views (the ones to be opened from main view on drill-down/double-click)
  4. Copy UID of drill-down view (shown at the top of the view, next to the name) and pasting it into settings of the main view widget where you want to use it in the field "Drill UID".

Here a screenshot from my lab:

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Norbert_Bohusch
Advisor

Yes, there is a way, but it is not documented and only available through SmartView (Web-Interface)

1. Login to SmartView with parameter "#show-uid=true": https://<smartcenter>:<webui-port>/smartview/#show-uid=true
  2. Create your main view
  3. Create your drill-down views (the ones to be opened from main view on drill-down/double-click)
  4. Copy UID of drill-down view (shown at the top of the view, next to the name) and pasting it into settings of the main view widget where you want to use it in the field "Drill UID".

Here a screenshot from my lab:

Matt_J
Contributor

Wow, thanks so much! I knew there had to be a way. Even support said it couldn't be done. 

0 Kudos
Norbert_Bohusch
Advisor

You get such information by speaking to R&D people at CPX in technology room 🙂

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Tip of the week!

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events