cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create a Post

R80.10 - Correlation Unit not able to real logs

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have newly install of a Management Server (VM on Hyper-v) running R80.10 fir all the recommended updates applied. The management server is also running the SmartEvent server / correlation unit:

Management blades

The Security gateways are logging to the Management server. I am getting the following Error message:

Log message

I check online there is little information from people having a similar issue this issue.  There was one SK for R77.30, that I have applied the same workaround for, but it had no effect. I have checked SPstat cpsead and things appear to be OK:

cpstat

Also in the SmartEvent Client everything else appears OK:

smartevent

I f anyone has any experience with this problem or can suggest some steps to aid my investigation it would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: R80.10 - Correlation Unit not able to real logs

Jump to solution

> There was one SK for R77.30, that I have applied the same workaround

Which sk are you talking about ? As you are running on R80.10, we can leave out sk111631, but we also have sk109716 "Error:failed to get log information from log server." error in SmartEvent GUI and sk64661 SmartEvent Correlation Unit fails to read logs from Log Server that might be helpfull !

4 Replies

Jump to solution

Did you installed event policy at least one first time?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Pedro,

Yes, I have managed to install the SmartEvent policy without any issues:

Policy install

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

> There was one SK for R77.30, that I have applied the same workaround

Which sk are you talking about ? As you are running on R80.10, we can leave out sk111631, but we also have sk109716 "Error:failed to get log information from log server." error in SmartEvent GUI and sk64661 SmartEvent Correlation Unit fails to read logs from Log Server that might be helpfull !

Jump to solution

Hi,

Thanks for this. My online search did not find the particular SK you mention. It was indeed the answer to my problem.

0 Kudos