cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meirh
Explorer

Multiple smartdashboard users

Hello 

In our organization, multiple users has read only access to our management server in order to view logs via smartlog.

What is the impact on the management server when multiple concurrent users always in connected stat and searching for logs?.

CPU utilization? Memory?.

Our Sms server is very slow and we are trying to identify why (the server is very strong, 16 cores and 64G memory).

SMS Version is 80.10.

Thank you!. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

What processes are taking up the most RAM/CPU?
That might be a good starting point.
See also the Super Seven performance commands
(not all of which will be relevant on management): https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/General-Topics/Super-Seven-Performance-Assessment-Commands-s7pac...
0 Kudos
meirh
Explorer

Thanks for the reply but my question is a general question, I'm trying to understand what is the overhead on the SMS server when multiple users are using the smartlog ?.

for example, when user is using smartdashboard to change some rule, as far as he didn't click on the publish button, all the compute process is local on the user PC, so no overhead on the SMS server, but when multiple users trying to search for logs on the smartlog, all the process is running on the SMS server, am I right?.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

The following guide might assist you further in the absence of specifics:
Check Point R80.10 Security Management Performance Tuning Guide

Note in R80.20 and above there are also file-system related performance improvements (xfs).

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
Dror_Aharony
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Generally speaking, Multiple SmartLog queries (via multi admins or same) loads all 3 HW components: CPU, Memory & Disk I/O.

the bottleneck could be each/all.

If you like, you could specify log-rate/size per sec/day and amount & type of queries (how many days do you usually query) and perhaps someone would be able to consult & assist.

It would probably require a deeper TAC ticket/investigation.

*Upgrading to latest version (R80.30) is always recommended.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events