cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Herold
Contributor

Migrate logs from R77.30 to R80.10 SMS

Hi,

Is there a procedure i can follow to migrate old logs from a R77.30 Management Server to the R80.10 Upgraded server after a Migrate import/export was done without these logs? The R80.10 SMS is working fine but i need to get the historical logs from the R77.30 server into it.

Regards,

Herold

4 Replies
Gabriel_Support
Contributor

Are you looking for something like this? sk122323--Log Exporter - Check Point Log Export

0 Kudos
Herold
Contributor

I'm sure Log Exporter will fit this use case. The logs source here is a Checkpoint SMS R77.30 and the destination is a Checkpoint SMS R80.10. Same name, same IP, but difference HW and different version. The R77.30 server is isolated from the network but i can access it physically.

Log exporter seems more related to log transfer involing 3rd party servers.

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Just copy the old logfiles over to the log directory on teh SMS R80.10, there is an SK on indexing the old logfiles, just could not find it so quickly.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

We have done exactly that, just copy files from log directory and it starts indexing them itself. Note that depending on current log rate arrival and size of old log files, it may take considerable time to process them. For us it took 3 days to process one week of old files so we gave up on them.

Here is a one liner that was written to monitor indexing state How to quickly check log indexing backlog 

That's on MDS though so for SMS you need to take away CMA loop

cat $INDEXERDIR/data/FetchedFiles | while read line; do if [ `echo $line | awk '{print $7}'` -eq 0 ] && [ `echo $line | grep -c " fw."` -eq 0 ] &&  [ `echo $line | grep -c "serialization"` -eq 0 ]; then echo $line; fi done; 

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events