Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
6dd15084-b97a-4
Contributor

Log server for multiple gateway

I have 4 management server (R77.30) with HA config cluster Gateways for each. & I want to install 2 log server for my environment. we have only 2 server allocated for this. where already we are using for cisco firewall logs (Via Kiwi log server on windows server).

can you please help me what are possible ways to create log server on this existing server without changing cisco Kiwi  log server.  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You might be better served to export logs from your management via Log Exporter in this case.
See: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Logging-and-Reporting/Log-Exporter-guide/m-p/9035#M968
0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

You do not need 4 management servers to have a one management to cluster correlation unless there is a separation of business involved.

You may be better off restructuring your management to have multiple policy packages on 2 Management servers in HA and use two remaining servers as extra log server and SmartEvent.

Additionally, if you are trying to redo your management and logging infrastructure, consider that R77.30 is scheduled for deprecation in a few months. Consider migrating to R80.30 while redesigning management and logging.

P.S. If your management is on virtual machines, you are not limited in the size of the storage for the log servers.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events