Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create a Post
phlrnnr
Silver

Re: Log Exporter guide

Jump to solution

Feature request - it seems that the 'target-server' must be an IP address.  It would be great if this can be updated to either a domain name or an IP address.  That would allow for flexibility when a customer is controlling which syslog server you are hitting via DNS.  Thanks for considering.

0 Kudos
Employee+
Employee+

Jump to solution
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback. This is already is our todo list.
Stay tuned for updates 🙂
0 Kudos
Raymondn
Nickel

Jump to solution

Hi there,

Regarding to "System Monitor" type of logs, what can I expect to see?

More background about my question.

We are on R80.30.  We have been using the old (classic/legacy) way to export CP logs to Splunk via the OPSEC LEA connection.

Been working fine.  For "system" type of messages, I can see log when firewall policy being pushed with the admin username.  I also able to see some messages regarding to high CPU usage or cluster status alert, similar to those "control" or "alert" type messages I see in the native Smart Console Log view.

Last week we switched to use the Log Exporter to Splunk (we also got the Check Point for Splunk apps installed).

What I am trying to figure out is how to get back those "policy installation" and "system status" log in Splunk.

I manage to find the "policy installation" log via Splunk (index="network_firewalls" source=tcp:11002
sys_message="installed*"), but the log didn't include the admin username.

But for other system status/alert type of log, I am not able to find them in Splunk.

First question is if what I am trying to do is available under LogExporter method?

If so, which direction or field values I should search in Splunk?

I see there is a field "product=System Monitor" but it doesn't seem contains much useful system log messages.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Employee+
Employee+

Jump to solution

All such logs should be exported to splunk assuming you don't have any filter.

if you see them in the SmartConsole's Logs view for this Log-Server/Management.

product=System Monitor should work (translated to splunk matching filter).

Can you share an example pic (or copy fields) of a system monitor log you'd like to see, but is missing or cannot be found on your splunk using log-exporter?

0 Kudos