Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create a Post
KLN
Ivory

Log Exporter R80.10 add on for eval

Hi All,

Does anyone know if it possible to get the Log Exporter add-on for R80.10 gateway for 30 day eval? I would like to test/try out.

If not, if I upgraded my R80.10 eval to R80.20, does that include the Log Exporter (alternative to OPSEC LEA).

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Admin
Admin

Re: Log Exporter R80.10 add on for eval

Log Exporter doesn't require a specific license.
As long as you have a license for your management server (eval or otherwise), you should be good to go.
0 Kudos
KLN
Ivory

Hi thanks for the reply, that's what I though, the eval license should cover it for 30 days. How can I get it when I attempt to get the tgz below, I don't have access

Check_Point_R80.10_Log_Exporter_T51_sk122323_FULL.tgz

Is there another way?

I'm new to Checkpoint, stumbling along.. but making some headway.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Admin
Admin

That file requires entitlement in UserCenter to download.
You're better off using R80.20 or R80.30, which is a more current version and has Log Exporter already integrated.
0 Kudos

when you open a SSH session to the management server, type:
installer download-and-install <TAB-Key>
from clish, log exporter should be in the list.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Highlighted
KLN
Ivory

Hey thanks, that all worked, said the installation was successful cp_log_export exists so I can try that out with a target host This directory does not exist: $EXPORTERDIR. The variable exists, just not the directory. Just wondering if there are some installation differences between the R80.10 add-on and the R80.20 version included natively. There is a log_indexer directory Two more things, is this a daemon that I can verify log exporter is running? After evaluation license expires, do I need to reinstall R80.10 from scratch? or what happens?
0 Kudos
Admin
Admin

Main thing is the log filtering feature for Log Exporter isn't integrated into R80.20/R80.30, this will be added in a future jumbo hotfix.
You can install another evaluation license to your existing system after it expires.
cp_log_exporter status should tell you what's going on.
See also: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...
0 Kudos