cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim_Fessler
Contributor
Jump to solution

Has SmartView Tracker been eliminated?

SmartLog is the only screen I get when I select Logs & Monitor. SmartView Tracker is much better for reviewing real time logs. Has It been eliminated in R80

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shahaf_Alfasi
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Jim,

Generally SmartView Tracker is obsolete in R80 and Smart Log should give you all the functionality that SmartView tracker is offering.

As Tim wrote you can still run SmartView Tracker from C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\SmartConsole\R80\PROGRAM\CPlgv.exe

Could you please elaborate why SmartView Tracker is better than SmartLog for real time troubleshooting?

We'll be happy to learn and improve Smart Log

Thanks

Shahaf Alfasi

SmartLog Team Leader

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

You can manually run it from here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\SmartConsole\R80\PROGRAM\CPlgv.exe

Still works, but you really should get used to using SmartLog...

--

My book "Max Power: Check Point Firewall Performance Optimization"

now available via http://maxpowerfirewalls.com

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
Jim_Fessler
Contributor

I use smartlog when I need to see what happened last week - last month or since last year. I am used to it, but SmarView Log is much better for real time troubleshooting.

thanks for the link

0 Kudos
Shahaf_Alfasi
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Jim,

Generally SmartView Tracker is obsolete in R80 and Smart Log should give you all the functionality that SmartView tracker is offering.

As Tim wrote you can still run SmartView Tracker from C:\Program Files (x86)\CheckPoint\SmartConsole\R80\PROGRAM\CPlgv.exe

Could you please elaborate why SmartView Tracker is better than SmartLog for real time troubleshooting?

We'll be happy to learn and improve Smart Log

Thanks

Shahaf Alfasi

SmartLog Team Leader

Jim_Fessler
Contributor

Reviewing logs for an installation with 5 gateways. filter on origin:GW2

Tracker shows all logs from that gateway allowing me to see trends.

SmartLog show the number of logs which I can click to view details. It impossible to see what is going on in real time.

Change the filter to add Actions Block drop reject searching history records of 365 days 1,000,000,000+ records

170 seconds no match. - Tracker less than a minute and there are lots of records which scroll in real time.

SM210 R77.30

SmartLog is great for when a trouble ticket has been opened days ago and the logs have switched. It is the only way to find out what happened.

Both should really be kept.

or_Dahan
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Jim,

In order to see logs in real time in SmartLog you need to turn on the Auto-Refresh (arrow with A), I think that this will

give you the real time troubleshooting ability you need.

Thank you,

Or Dahan

SmartEvent Integration Team Leader

0 Kudos
Jim_Fessler
Contributor

When you turn on auto refresh that is when it reports the number of logs per second for each gateway.

still not real time unless you filter.

0 Kudos
or_Dahan
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Jim,

Can we do a remote session or have a phone call that I'll try to help you with this issue?

This is my Email:

ord@checkpoint.com    

Thank you,

Or Dahan

SmartEvent Integration Team Leader

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events