Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
biskit
Advisor
Jump to solution

Custom Reports Help

Hi everyone,

I've recently upgraded a customer from R77.30 to R80.30.  Previously they had SmartReporter and had reports emailed in automatically every month.  I've had to start again from scratch recreating the reports in R80.30, and I'm really struggling to get my head around how to recreate some of the reports.  R80.x reporting is sooooo different.

Here is one of the old reports that the customer still wants.  Can anyone tell me how to recreate this?  I've tried all sorts and can't figure out how to get a table showing the same info as before.

Thanks,

Matt

unnamed.png

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

Hey Matt,

AFAIK there's no percentage option in SmartView for the total amount.

You can try to add a widget, statistical table to be exact, and add first column as 'Source' and add summary row to that and on the second column use 'Logs'.

You can increase the number of results you see in the table by going to source and increase the number of results field.

For further explanation on the new SmartView check the logging and monitoring admin guide.

Amir Senn

Kind regards, Amir Senn

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

Not a bug.

In views you'll have a scroll bar but in reports it will show you the place available on the page.

This is because Views are considered for handling in real time and Reports are meant to be exported,

If you perform export to PDF you can go in that page to view settings, select "Split table across multiple pages", select the desire table and export. It will split the table (and only that table) for more pages until it reaches the end or the limit of pages if marked.

This is by design but I'll try to raise the idea.

Amir

Kind regards, Amir Senn

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

Hey Matt,

AFAIK there's no percentage option in SmartView for the total amount.

You can try to add a widget, statistical table to be exact, and add first column as 'Source' and add summary row to that and on the second column use 'Logs'.

You can increase the number of results you see in the table by going to source and increase the number of results field.

For further explanation on the new SmartView check the logging and monitoring admin guide.

Amir Senn

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos
biskit
Advisor

Thanks for your suggestion @Amir_Senn.  It's taken a while to try it as I've been busy with other jobs but it seems to give what I'm after 😀

However, I have another related query maybe you can help with?  When I'm in "edit" mode, I set the table to show 20 records, and it displays the results for the top 20.  Perfect.  But when I save the report and open it in normal (non "edit" mode)  it only shows 1 line in the table - not 20 lines.  If I edit the table to show 15 rows, again in edit mode it works, but when I save and view normally it now shows 4 lines - not 15.

Any idea what's going on???  Is that a bug?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Amir_Senn
Employee
Employee

Not a bug.

In views you'll have a scroll bar but in reports it will show you the place available on the page.

This is because Views are considered for handling in real time and Reports are meant to be exported,

If you perform export to PDF you can go in that page to view settings, select "Split table across multiple pages", select the desire table and export. It will split the table (and only that table) for more pages until it reaches the end or the limit of pages if marked.

This is by design but I'll try to raise the idea.

Amir

Kind regards, Amir Senn
0 Kudos
biskit
Advisor

Awesome, thanks!  I've just tried that.  On the screen it only displays one page, but when exported (with the View settings "split across multiple pages") it works and now I see all 15 rows over two pages in the PDF.

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion
Do keep in mind that areport that you create will be stored in your name and are not accessible to other users, this functionality will be added in R80.40 (according to the new features list in the EA page)
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events