Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Taney
Advisor

Auto-complete Suggestions In SmartLog in R80.10 vs R77.30

This may be a really silly question, but I'm kind of stumped... In R770.x SmartLog, I can begin to type any part of an object name, and it will pop-up as an auto complete suggestion. For example, if the object was called "NET_192.168.0.0", I could just begin typing "192" in the query and it would suggest "NET_192.168.0.0" in the object list below the query.

It appears that R80.10 does not do this? It will offer auto-complete suggestions if I enter the beginning of the Object's name. (i.e. "Net_") but not if I just enter text that is contained in the object name. Am I missing something obvious? Or is there maybe some preference that needs to be set. 

It may sound like a trivial thing, but when you have thousands of objects, we've gotten used to not having to remember exact object names when searching through logs. 

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

R80 CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Moti
Admin
Admin

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I believe this is a known limitation to be addressed in a later release... https://community.checkpoint.com/people/tomera5b2e7f3-09aa-32f8-96c2-f0f5bfa2988b‌ should be able to confirm.

Daniel_Taney
Advisor

Ok, thanks!!

R80 CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
Daniel_Taney
Advisor

Does anyone know if there is an ETA on this fix?

Thanks again!

R80 CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
Yaakov_Ohayon
Employee
Employee

There is currently no plan to close that gap.

0 Kudos
Daniel_Taney
Advisor

How could we go about making a request for this functionality to be restored? For environments with large object databases, this was a massive timesaver when trying to hunt for things in logs. It is not always easy to remember how the object name begins. 

R80 CCSA / CCSE
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The official RFE page is here: Check Point Software Technologies: Products and Feature Suggestions 

That said, R&D certainly takes feedback from the community, which is part of the reason CheckMates exists. 

We'll certainly take your feedback under advisement.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events