cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create a Post

Auto-complete Suggestions In SmartLog in R80.10 vs R77.30

This may be a really silly question, but I'm kind of stumped... In R770.x SmartLog, I can begin to type any part of an object name, and it will pop-up as an auto complete suggestion. For example, if the object was called "NET_192.168.0.0", I could just begin typing "192" in the query and it would suggest "NET_192.168.0.0" in the object list below the query.

It appears that R80.10 does not do this? It will offer auto-complete suggestions if I enter the beginning of the Object's name. (i.e. "Net_") but not if I just enter text that is contained in the object name. Am I missing something obvious? Or is there maybe some preference that needs to be set. 

It may sound like a trivial thing, but when you have thousands of objects, we've gotten used to not having to remember exact object names when searching through logs. 

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Admin
Admin

Re: Auto-complete Suggestions In SmartLog in R80.10 vs R77.30

0 Kudos
Admin
Admin

I believe this is a known limitation to be addressed in a later release... https://community.checkpoint.com/people/tomera5b2e7f3-09aa-32f8-96c2-f0f5bfa2988b‌ should be able to confirm.

Ok, thanks!!

0 Kudos

Does anyone know if there is an ETA on this fix?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee
Employee

There is currently no plan to close that gap.

0 Kudos

How could we go about making a request for this functionality to be restored? For environments with large object databases, this was a massive timesaver when trying to hunt for things in logs. It is not always easy to remember how the object name begins. 

0 Kudos
Admin
Admin

The official RFE page is here: Check Point Software Technologies: Products and Feature Suggestions 

That said, R&D certainly takes feedback from the community, which is part of the reason CheckMates exists. 

We'll certainly take your feedback under advisement.

0 Kudos