Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Damian_Cabrera
Explorer
Jump to solution

Alternative to fwm dbexport R80.

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to export all my users in the new R80.10 Management and the fwm dbexport command is not supported. How can I export my users with that attributes ?

Example on R77: fwm dbexport -a {color,name,comments,email,expiration_date} -f ./users.csv

Any suggest ?

Regards !

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
The API limits the number of results returned for performance reasons.
You can get the other results by doing subsequent requests using the offset parameter (e.g offset 50, offset 100).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
You can get a list of the names like so: https://community.checkpoint.com/t5/Logging-and-Reporting/Remote-VPN-users-report/m-p/49482
It's possible you could get other interesting attributes as well.
0 Kudos
Damian_Cabrera
Explorer

Hi PhoneBoy, 

Thank's for that solution, trying that query I have the same trouble. I have 157 users but when I try to get it with mgmt_cli or fwm dbexport only return 50. ( with both commands )

Any suggest ?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin
The API limits the number of results returned for performance reasons.
You can get the other results by doing subsequent requests using the offset parameter (e.g offset 50, offset 100).
0 Kudos
Yasushi_Kono1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Daemon,

someone said that it is possible to use the "fwm dbload" command in R80.X, which is apparently not the case. So, the only option I could figure out to add multiple user object as a bulk operation is to use a csv file along with dbedit. But, I noticed that there are still technical issues.

First, if you create an object like this:

create user-group Marketing

create user Jim

modify users Jim auth_method 'Internal Password'

then, it is not possible to update_all since you get the error message that the internal password must not be empty. So, if I change the auth_method to SecurID, then, you can update_all. But;

addelement users Jim groups users:Marketing

does not work either. You do not get any error message, but SmartConsole reveals that the group membership did not make the way to the database.

Is this a known iss

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Except in a few cases, you should no longer use dbedit to create objects.
Which doesn't help in this case because locally defined users don't have API support.
@Nir_Amara @Ofer_Barzvi any ideas here?

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events