Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tobias_Moritz
Advisor
Jump to solution

TP Policy and Connectivity Upgrade

Hello community,

I'm familiar with ClusterXL connectivity upgrade and have done a few in the past.

However, last week I had to upgrade the first cluster with TP blades using the connectivity upgrade path.

I know the limitations regarding software blades, but I was quite surprised, that the guides do not mention a TP policy install at all during the whole process.

When doing the first install with cluster object in database on new version (while member A is still on old version and member B already on new version (before the cphacu start command)), only the Access Policy is mentioned.

When doing a final policy install at the end of the CU upgrade process, also only Access Policy is mentioned.

When trying this in the lab, I got errors regarding the TP blades in SmartConsole for the updated cluster which disappeared after the first TP policy installation.

I'm wondering if I should also install the TP policy directly after the first Access Policy install with new version (before cphacu start), or if it was correct to do so only after both members are upgraded.

If it is important: Upgrade was done from R80.10 Take 479 Jumbo HFA Take 225 to R80.30 Take 200 (upgraded than to Jumbo HFA Take 50).

Thank you for your thoughts.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tomer_Kashayov
Employee
Employee

Hi Tobias,

You should install TP policy directly after the first access policy install.

The Admin Guide is missing this part, I’ll make sure we update the documentation soon.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Tomer_Kashayov
Employee
Employee

Hi Tobias,

You should install TP policy directly after the first access policy install.

The Admin Guide is missing this part, I’ll make sure we update the documentation soon.

Thank you!

Tobias_Moritz
Advisor
Thank you, Tomer!
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events