Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emilio_Espinosa
Contributor

Smartview with SMS on the cloud

Since we moved to the cloud with Smart-1 I have lost access to SmartView. If I open it directly from the Smartconsole, my default browser opens with the link https://127.0.0.1:19008/smartview/; evidently the service resides on my own computer. The error received is a reset, "ERR_CONNECTION_RESET".

I have done tests to see if I have a service that responds with that port and it does open. Does anyone know how to correctly access Smartview when my SMS resides on the cloud? Thank you.

0 Kudos
29 Replies
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Maybe someone else can confirm, but appears its down on the cloud as well when I go to below (checked 3 environments and same problem):

Screenshot_1.png

0 Kudos
Liat_Cihan
Employee
Employee

Hi,

We checked all regions and we didn't see any problem.

We are aware of an issue we have related to cookies so please delete all your cookies and try again, it might solve the problem.

Liat

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey Liat,

I actually tested this on my personal desktop where this worked for 2 years now and its exact same issue. I deleted cookies, even did reset of 3 browsers and no luck at all. I cant imagine it would be just my account, as everything else works just fine when Im logged into portal, ONLY this part fails. I sent you private message with a screenshot for 2 different customers.

Cheers and be safe.

0 Kudos
Emilio_Espinosa
Contributor

Same here. 
Tried on new fresh installed browsers. The result is the same. The SmartView portal can't be open. 
In my case, have never function since we are using cloud services.

On the other hand, since R81, SmartView can't export filtered logs to csv files. In this case, is on prem service. But that is another history. I will open new thread.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Here is what I did to prove 100% there is an issue. I mean, not sure what else I can test lol

-tried my work laptop - 4 different browsers (Edge, Mozilla, Firefox, Vivaldi)

-tested my personal desktop - 5 browsers, same issue

-tested my personal laptop -. 5 browsers, same issue

-tested my personal Macbook on latest version - 6 browsers, same problem

I deleted cookies as @Liat_Cihan mentioned on all of them, no luck.

If thats not good enough proof this is broken, not sure what is : - )

AND to add to it, this worked perfectly fine up until 2 days ago.

0 Kudos
Liat_Cihan
Employee
Employee

Thank you for the data you shared. 
we will investigate it further and update. 

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Thanks Liat. Just to add to this discussion, I had been using cloud smart-1 instance for over 2 years now and this is first time I see this problem.

Andy

0 Kudos
TomerLev
Employee
Employee

Hey Andy
Please send me at a private channel the details, including your S1C service identifier and  it will be checked (or the TAC ticket in case you opened one)

Thanks
Tomer

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Hey Tomer,

Emailed you 2 identifiers that I most commonly deal with.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
TomerLev
Employee
Employee

We are checking

TomerLev
Employee
Employee

Hi Emilio
your case is different, indeed you are trying local access while on the cloud, and this is not relevant.

You can access your logs on the infinity portal UI on Smart-1 Cloud click Logs & Events. Alternatively the button in Smart console (either installed or streamed) 
If there is an issue with one of those flows - please open a TAC ticket.
Thanks
Tomer

0 Kudos
Emilio_Espinosa
Contributor

Of course, is relevant. There are many advantages of using SmartView otherwise, why does it exist? One of the advantages is the number or registers that can be exported to CVS files and then analyze the traffic per rule, for example. Required when one tries to keep base rule clean. We have also workmates that have the need to check blocked traffic without being administrators of any firewall. 

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Agree 100%. I also opened TAC case as @TomerLev suggested, so I may call in today to see if someone who has access to cloud back end instance can help.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I suspect there’s a bug and recommend opening a TAC case.

0 Kudos
Emilio_Espinosa
Contributor

Thanks, I will open it.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Just to update everyone, thanks SO MUCH to @Liat_Cihan for setting up a call for me to troubleshoot this with few of her colleagues in Israel and we discovered that reason why I was having issue was due to the fact my user for portal site had admin rights to EVERYTHING, which was causing buffer to fill up when we did F12 (developer tools) in Mozilla browser (though we would have seen same issue in any browser).

Once gentleman on the call created account with his email and only admin rights for smart-1 cloud instance, all worked for him, so once I did same, left smart-1 cloud and harmony endpoint, saved, boom, all good!

Thanks again Liat, it was super nice of you to offer and do this and please again say big thanks to your colleagues, Im super happy its working again.

Greetings!

Andy

Liat_Cihan
Employee
Employee

Our pleasure😁

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Since I dont know their community usernames, I will mention their names here, as they were AMAZING!

Roi Caspy

Rafi Tayar

Ilya Yulish

And last, but not least, without you @Liat_Cihan , remote session would have never happened, so again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Stay safe!

Andy

0 Kudos
Emilio_Espinosa
Contributor

What do you mean by EVERTHING? Are you taking about "Global Roles" and/or "Specific Service Roles"? And image would help.

Anyway, in my case, tried to assign my username to Smart-1 Cloud only in "Specific Service Roles" (had nothing assigned at all) and the problem remains.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Please see below...do NOT give more roles than what you absolutely need. Global role does not matter.

Andy

Screenshot_1.png

0 Kudos
Emilio_Espinosa
Contributor

I did exactly that but still not working. I guess it's my time to ask for a TAC support. Thanks anyway.

Can you do me another favor? Try to export a filtered log in SmartView? Mine always fail to generate and download (using my Log server's SmartView, not Smart-1's).

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Can you send screenshot? We can do quick remote and check.

0 Kudos
Emilio_Espinosa
Contributor

I assume you mean the user permissions. This is what I have for my user.Smart-1Admin.png

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Can you specify something like this?

Andy

Screenshot_1.png

0 Kudos
Rafi_Tayar
Employee
Employee

@the_rock You had different issue than what @Emilio_Espinosa has. The feature that opens Smart View on the browser is not supported for Smart 1 Cloud. That is because you don't have direct IP address access to the management service that is on the cloud. For on-prem management, you just access the management server instance using the IP address (as shown in Emilio's comment).

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Ah, yes, thats very good point @Rafi_Tayar . That cant be done with IP address on cloud, because it is technically consider reserved.

I figured would share the solution you guys gave me in case anyone else faces it. Very grateful for the help @Rafi_Tayar 

Andy

0 Kudos
Rafi_Tayar
Employee
Employee

Sure thing !

Emilio_Espinosa
Contributor

Just an update.

I still have the problem opening Smartview with Smart-1. I can't open it with Smartconsole installed on my computer neither on the Streamed Smartconsole. 

I have a SR still pending for solution but gave me a third option during the attention of it, to use the new Portal's "Logs & Event" option. This new option can export the same amount logs as Smartview does, so it is a temporary solution for me. It also has the problem of failing when exporting a long range of records.

I still need smartview because my coworkers can use it to check for logs without having access to the policy base.

Hope Checkpoint solves this bug on smartview when having Smart-1.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Any way you would be willing to do quick remote? I really want to see this for myself, as I have a feeling there is something simple missing here.

Let me know. If available, just message me privately and we can set it up.

Andy

0 Kudos
Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events