cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sarm_Chanatip
Collaborator

IPS Protections

Hi Everyone

I have Security Gateway R80.20 and turning on ThreatPrevention software blade, I just updated with the latest IPS signatures today, on 4 Jan 2019. But look at the IPS Protections under Threat Tools it shows up with only 61 items of signatures, actually there should have more 9,xxxx.   Please see screenshots below

Anyone familiar with this before ?

5 Replies
Mark_Mitchell
Advisor

Hi Chanatip, 

It looks like you have filtered your IPS protections view. Try taking the filters off with the funnel icon. This should clear all the protections and present you with a list of all protections within your database. 

Regards

Mark

0 Kudos
Sarm_Chanatip
Collaborator

Hi Mark

Thank you for replying.

After clearing filter off with the funnel icon, I'm still getting seen only 61 items

But if look at the Protections, found it shows correct update status. 

What is a problem here ?

Regards,

Sarm

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

The funnel/tower icon on that IPS Protections screen only hides the Filters sidebar, it does not disable all filtering like it does on some other screens.

You still have some kind of filter applied to your IPS Signatures on the Filters sidebar.  Unfortunately there is no way to clear all IPS Protections filters with a single click, and it can sometimes be difficult to figure out where they are set.  The quickest way to clear all filters is to click the X to the right of each of the filtering categories (Activations, Type, Vendor, Product, etc.) in the Filter side bar.  You need to hover your mouse just to the right of each Category title for the X to appear.  Once they are all gone you should see all 9k+ IPS Protections.  To add back the filtering categories you want click the "+" icon directly under Filters.

--

CheckMates Break Out Sessions Speaker

CPX 2019 Las Vegas & Vienna - Tuesday@13:30

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
Sarm_Chanatip
Collaborator

Hi Timothy,

After taking your recommendations, I have now seen all signatures protections.

Thank you so much

Regards,

Sarm

0 Kudos
Timothy_Hall
Champion
Champion

Glad to hear, thanks for the follow-up.

--
"IPS Immersion Training" Self-paced Video Class
Now Available at http://www.maxpowerfirewalls.com

Gateway Performance Optimization R81.20 Course
now available at maxpowerfirewalls.com
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events