cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Identifying server type specific protections

When we define a server type, there is a subset of specific protections that should be activated for those, that may be different from those activated by default in the profile definitions.

Is there a way to identify these protections in advance?

Thank you,

Vladimir

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Omer_Shliva
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Can you please elaborate and add examples?

Thank you,

Omer Shliva | Team Leader, AB Research Protections and IPS/AB Customer Focus Team

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

@Omer_Shliva , certainly. The Web, DNS, Mail servers definable in the Host's properties.

0 Kudos
Omer_Shliva
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I'm still trying to understand.

Is your question "are there protections with Protected Asset server tag and are not part of the Optimized profile? "

Omer Shliva | Team Leader, AB Research Protections and IPS/AB Customer Focus Team

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

@Omer_Shliva , sorry for not making it clear. Let me expand a bit:

The specific server types have number of protections listed in the hosts's properties. I.e.:

image.png  image.png  image.png

It stands to reason that these server-specific protections will be applied regardless of what TP profile is selected and configured and will, in essence, create an "invisible rules" in TP policy pertaining to these hosts only.

What I am looking for, is the ability to identify these protections in the overall TP protections list.

I.e. check one of the server types in Filters and have these protections listed. If they are indeed override the profile-specific protections, to see some-kind of notation to that effect.

Additionally, when these protections are enabled, what would the logs identify them as? Part of the profile, if they are enabled in it, or as a server-type, host-specific protections?

Thank you,

Vladimir

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events