cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tadams
Explorer

Machine Cert Walkthrough

Hi Guys,

Here is a walkthrough on how to enforce Machine Certs on Remote Access VPN on R80.40. I mainly showed the CP side but I can do a walkthrough on how to deploy AD CS if needed.Also added a PowerPoint with the prerequisites to deploy. I hope this can be a help!

8 Replies
Olle
Participant

Thanks, perfect for me 👌
Please do a walkthrough on deploy AD CS.

Regards
Olle
Zabula_Sergey
Ambassador
Ambassador

Please do a walkthrough on deploy AD CS

+1 )

Milan_Jovanovic
Contributor

Hi Tadams,

Regarding this solution you described Machine Cert I have few questions:

When we implement Machine Cert is it possible at same time for some LDAP AD users for example in specific group or OU to use just AD user pass authentication without Machine Cert?

When we implement Machine Cert are we able to authenticate with mobile device (Android,IOS etc) with endpoint client using same AD user for which is mandatory machine cert?

When we use AD + machine cert auth is it possible in same time for some users to use Local defined in SMS user+cert+pass endpoint authentication?

If answers are yes on this questions, can all of this function in same time?

Milan_Jovanovic
Contributor

Also interested in walkthrough on deploy AD CS.

yunier88
Participant

Hi,

Thanks

0 Kudos
archie
Participant

Hello!

I have done all the necessary things, but for me this machine cert auth is not working. Is there any correct explanation how to setup that? I have installed root CA and intermediate CA on the gateway, I have a machine cert on the client side, in the SMS I check the send machine cert checkbox, the gateway authenticates with the 3rd party certificate.

But when I connect I got the Main Mode Client machine identification failed and Client machine identification failed errors.

Any help would welcome!

Thanks

0 Kudos
sambath
Participant

A great sharing!

Regards,
Sambath

0 Kudos
flachance
Advisor

On your VPN client, when you create your site to connect to, what setting do you use for Authentication? Standard? With Certificate - CAPI for authentication? 

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events