Is there a release date here yet?

Regards

Heiko

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
51 Replies
Matt_Ricketts
Employee
Employee

Only Dorit and those that work very close with her would know that. I think we should focus on R80.30 going GA and then look at what's next. Other than the obvious JHF.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

My money is on R80.40, but that's just a guess. 😁
Chris_Hrachowy
Participant

We wait for R80.30:-)

0 Kudos
Garrett_DirSec
Advisor

can we back up the bus and detail specifically why someone should care about R80.30 today?

what's coming in R80.30 that not available in R80.20 today (and how it will help customers)?

I know I have this in email somewhere (from local CP engineer) but wanted to hear from others. 

thx

0 Kudos
RickHoppe
Advisor

Please check this thread for details about R80.30 EA https://community.checkpoint.com/message/36306-r8030-early-availability-program-has-started 

My blog: https://checkpoint.engineer
Kim_Moberg
Advisor

I am specialfly waiting for release of

• Ipsec VPN  DPD party because we have a lot of 3rd party vpn devices 
  • https inspection of SNI domains. Have a JF included in our R80.20 AC EA that males https inspection lot easier with OSCP encryption which solves a lot of problems with SNI domains but a fully release I am really looking forward to.
  • Also kernel 3.10 om gateways 

Just my comments

// Kim

Best Regards
Kim
Marc_Lampo
Contributor

More relevant : when will R80.20 be ready for deployment in production environments ?

Tip : avoid Jumbo take 17 or be prepared for long downtimes :

- "fail-open" configuration (APPL&URL filtering, Threat Prevention) seems to be ignored

- RAD daemon seems to be available "a lot"

1 + 1 = be ready for downtime

Check Point helpdesk wanted me to run kernel debug continuously - without kernel debugs, they refuse to look into the problem.

(but continous kernel debugging on a production firewall - 5900's - are they serious ?)

They refuse to do desk checking and look under which conditions the firewall performs fail-close - which it obviously does - while sending a logmessage about internal system error.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

You should get contacted privately about some of these issues shortly.

0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

End of Q1 2019 is around the corner 🙂

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

That's what Dorit said.

Let's wait and see.

Regards
Heiko

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
0 Kudos
Alex_Shpilman
Collaborator

Very "important" feature of R80.30, copy/paste of access-rules with section titles is back and also between policy packages 🙂

0 Kudos
HeikoAnkenbrand
Champion Champion
Champion

@PhoneBoy 

When is R80.30 GA. Do you has appointments?

➜ CCSM Elite, CCME, CCTE
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

There's still a week left before end of Q1 and haven't heard anything to suggest slippage.

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Will R80.30 SNI support help with HTTPS categorization functionality, or will it only be effective with full HTTPS inspection?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The whole point of SNI support is to help in situations where you are not doing HTTPS Inspection.

JulzorenSen
Contributor

Q1 is now over 😉

Any good news for April's fool?!
0 Kudos
MikeB
Advisor

Hi  @PhoneBoy  I have the following questions if you can help me:

1. R80.30 will be available for 4600 Appliances with 4GB??
  2. SNI support feature can be added as a hotfix for R80.10 or R80.20 deployments right now?? I have a lot of customers with 4600 and are experiences problems with URL and APP categorization without HTTPs Inspection
  3. What about 700/1400 appliances and SNI support feature? will come out new version that supports this functionality soon or as a hotfix?? (any estimated date?)
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

As far as I know, it should be supported on the 4600, but we'll have to wait until R80.30 is GA.
The SNI feature is available as a customer release for some R80.x releases, you will need to check with your local office for specifics.
No idea what the plan is for SMB appliance with respect to SNI support, but I suspect it will not happen until SMB gets R80.x support.
Dale_Lobb
Advisor

Any updates or guesses?
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

R80.40 confirmed as a successor of R80.30 (still not GA) and should be released this year.

Source:

Dynamic CLI and Gaia APIs TechTalk Video

image.png

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
Andreas
Participant
Participant

Hi Guys

Release Date is 7th of May: sk144293

Intresting thing: Falcon cards are mentionend as a title in the "Performance Tuning Administration Guide R80.30" but only as a title. Nothing mentioned under it. Looks like it was dropped out shortly before going GA with R80.30. 

r80.30_falcon.PNG

Cheers Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events