Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TamSOL
Collaborator
Jump to solution

What is feature of platform portal

Dear Team

I cannot understand a platform portal feature on Cluster XL.

Please tell me when to use the platform portal setting of Cluster XL.

Could you give us an example cases of how to use it if possible?

cluster.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Exactly! So say you have below setup (just as an example)

master fw -> 10.10.10.1

backup fw -> 10.10.10.2

virtual IP -> 10.10.10.3 (which would be the IP listed there in field you pointed out).

What happens is if you navigate to that IP, it will always associate with whatever member is active at the time. Also, I always tell people to change that port to something other than 443 (say 4434 or 10443), so if you ever enable mobile access blade, there is no conflict, but it also wont conflict with anything VPN related.

I just gave example with internal IP addresses, but you probably got correct one there, though you can always set any other inerface to be configured as mgmt one to manage this portal through.

Hope that helps.

Andy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
(1)
5 Replies
_Val_
Admin
Admin

It is your Gaia WebUI portal for local management of your GWs. For more details, look into the Quantum Gateway admin guide.

TamSOL
Collaborator

Thank you for the reply.

What happens when I set it in Cluster XL?

When I connect to a configured URL, will it connect to the active quantum?

I want to know what different between normal and Cluster XL case.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Exactly! So say you have below setup (just as an example)

master fw -> 10.10.10.1

backup fw -> 10.10.10.2

virtual IP -> 10.10.10.3 (which would be the IP listed there in field you pointed out).

What happens is if you navigate to that IP, it will always associate with whatever member is active at the time. Also, I always tell people to change that port to something other than 443 (say 4434 or 10443), so if you ever enable mobile access blade, there is no conflict, but it also wont conflict with anything VPN related.

I just gave example with internal IP addresses, but you probably got correct one there, though you can always set any other inerface to be configured as mgmt one to manage this portal through.

Hope that helps.

Andy

0 Kudos
(1)
TamSOL
Collaborator

Thank you for the reply.

I understood. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
the_rock
Legend
Legend

Glad we could help you. By the way, one thing I forgot to mention...IF you change the port in there, MAKE SURE you have proper rules in place to access the portal, as it will automatically change to option "according to the firewall policy" and that will be greyed out, until you revert it to default port 443.

Hope that helps.

Have a great day/afternoon/evening : - )

Andy

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events