Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pedro_Boavida
Contributor
Contributor

VSX (preemption on VS)

Hi mates,

Is there any possibility of setting preemption (maintaining current active vs. switch to high priority) at VS level on VSX (VSLS) environment ? The goal is to avoid that a specific "critical" VS from switching back and forth in event of some problem. By design it returns to the cluster member where it should stand on recovery / normal condition.

I've been looking at the "vsx_util vsls" options but it doesn't seem to help in this way.

Regards,

Pedro Boavida

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

This should be possible within the vsls_config vsls main menu.

Check Point VSX R77 Versions Administration Guide 

0 Kudos
Pedro_Boavida
Contributor
Contributor

"vsx_util vsls" or "vsls_config vsls" are pretty much the same command and the kind of behavior I'm asking about is not available there. 

Regards.

0 Kudos
Mattias_Jansson
Collaborator

We would like the same feature. Do you have any update from Checkpoint if this will be implemented (or already is) in future relases?

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Basically, what you are saying is, you do not want VS to fail over, even it is affected by connectivity issues? Or, do I miss something here?

0 Kudos
Mattias_Jansson
Collaborator

No i want to have the same feature as I can use on a "normal" security gateway cluster
In SmartConsole I have the option to:
Upon cluster member recovery:
- Maintain current active Cluster Member
- Switch to higher priority Cluster Member

Our problem is that when we suffer from connections (mostly nfs, pgqsl and sometimes ldaps) that doesnt survive the failover in case of a virtual server crash (coredump)

It looks like the connections make the first failover to the standby node. But when it fails back again after the vs has restarted we loose the connections and we suffer from it alot.

Ok?

(1)
ClaudiuBadea
Explorer

Have you found the solution? we have the same problem

0 Kudos
Mattias_Jansson
Collaborator

I think that the requested feature "Toggle VSLS mode between Active Up and Primary Up" was introduced in R81. Our issues (when I really needed it) was in R80.30. We are on R81.10 now and it is very stable. I have not tried this feature.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events