Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaySon_2021
Participant
Jump to solution

Upgrade CPUSE - ERROR Installation failed. Error: File is not a DA package

I am trying to upgrade CPUSE per sk92449

https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

I uploaded the DeploymentAgent_000002019_1.tgz file and tried to run installer agent install DeploymentAgent_000002019_1.tgz from CLISH but I get the following error:

INFO Installing Deployment Agent package - DeploymentAgent_000002019_1.tgz ...
INFO After the installation is complete, the Deployment Agent restarts and the CLISH session is terminated
Interactive mode is enabled. Press CTRL + C to exit (This will not stop the operation)
ERROR Installation failed. Error: File is not a DA package.

I tried gunzipping the file and its a TAR which the program doesnt recognize.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Did you validate the MD5 hash of the downloaded file?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Boaz_Orshav
Employee
Employee

Hi

Thanks very much for the inputs

Issue was identified and solved

If there is still any problem with DeploymentAgent download - please let me know

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Did you validate the MD5 hash of the downloaded file?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
JaySon_2021
Participant

Hi Chris,

Thanks. That was the issue. When I used Firefox to download the 'download' link would bring up a page of garbage so I just right clicked the 'download' link and said save as. Guess that doesn't work properly. Tried IE and the MD5 checked out. Agent now installed. Appreciate the help.

0 Kudos
LostBoY
Advisor

I am using Chrome to download the file ..it downloads directly but still i am getting the same error as you..anything else i can do to avoid this ?

0 Kudos
JaySon_2021
Participant

Internet Explorer was the only thing that worked for me. Give that a try.

the_rock
Legend
Legend

Dont use chrome for this...open windows + R, type iexplore and do it from old IE browser. make sure to go to internet options -> advanced settings and checked all tls and ssl settings, Im positive that will work. I did it many times that way and it worked fine.

0 Kudos
Tobias_Moritz
Advisor

That is a bug in Check Point download portal that exists for years now.

When you download a tgz file from Check Point download portal, the server writes

Content-Type: text/plain

Content-Encoding: gzip

in the HTTP header.

This is wrong, because it means the the transfer was encoded as gzip for performance reasons and the browser should unzip it and then handle it as plain text.

When you use Firefox, it does exactly what it should. It unzips the stream and tries to display the tar file as text (which looks like garbage to you). When you click on "save as", your browser saves this unpacked stream (basically the tar file).

When you use MS IE (or MS Edge), this does not happen, because these browsers have a workaround implemented for such buggy download servers. They see that this is a file download, ignore the Content-Type header and just handle it as if would have been

Content-Type: application/octet-stream

and prompt you with a download/save-as option.

Not only tgz is affected from this bug in CP download portal, also msi.

Not effected for example is:

exe: Content-Type: application/octet-stream

zip: Content-Type: application/zip

pdf: Content-Type: application/pdf

@Chris_Atkinson : Maybe you can forward this to someone at Check Point to correct this someday.

0 Kudos
Boaz_Orshav
Employee
Employee

Hi

Thanks very much for the inputs

Issue was identified and solved

If there is still any problem with DeploymentAgent download - please let me know

Tobias_Moritz
Advisor

Thank you very much for fixing this!

0 Kudos
samuelKyaw
Explorer

Hi 

How can i solve this, i am having this issue. "File is not a DA package"

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

@samuelKyaw Which package are you trying to deploy?

0 Kudos
samuelKyaw
Explorer

We used and Central Deployment Tool and  installed from the cli and it is resolved by following steps on CDT .Thank you 

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events