cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John_Colfer
Contributor

Update SSH client on Checkpoint

Hi Folks

I put a cisco switch into an environment and enabled sshV2 on the switch. We have ssh access to the firewall, so my idea was SSH to the firewall and then ssh from the firewall to the switch. However when I try this I get the below error:

"no kex alg"

I did some googling and found that this is usually due to an out of date ssh client and that the client should be updated.

Is there any way to update the SSH client on Checkpoint or is there a workaround for this issue?

Thanks in advance

John

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Danny
Champion Champion
Champion

You should ask Check Point TAC if they can provide you with an updated version in order to keep your firewall environment in supported state.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Not familiar with an updated SSH client for our appliances.
Third party clients and upgrades that didn't come from us are definitely not supported.
0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

I wouldn't typically recommend utilising the firewall as your bastion / jump host but there are other use cases that might benefit if an update is needed.

To request feature enhancements please go here: https://rfe.checkpoint.com/rfe/rfe.htm
CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

We are using Check Point as jumpserver, but only to connect to other Check Point firewalls, no other vendors are involved.

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos
John_Colfer
Contributor

Thanks Guys

I'll request a feature update. 

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events