Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaspars_Zibarts
Authority
Authority

Updatable Object for Checkpoint services

Jump to solution

Here's a million dollar question (or maybe $5) 

what's missing on the list of Updatable Objects below? Where's Checkpoint services? Ones that are listed here sk83520 

Of course you could create FQDN objects manually or a custom application category with URLs included but that maens manual maintenance. Would be so nice to have a pre-built object that's maintained by CP themselves! Have great friday!

image.png

(1)
49 Replies
Micky_Michaeli
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Encryption Domain is not working with updatable objects, so also a group which includes updatable objects is not supported in Encryption Domain.

Regards,
Micky

0 Kudos
George_Casper
Contributor

Micky, Would this imply that R81.10 management with our R80.40 gateways will allow updatable objects and function as hoping mentioned by PhoneBoy below more specifically in the Encryption Domain?

Hybrid Work From Home is here to stay for many organizations and we really appreciate any/all VPN related enhancements!  

Thank you

0 Kudos
genisis__
Advisor

Are there any plans to include Mcafee Cloud services?

0 Kudos
Micky_Michaeli
Employee
Employee

Hi @genisis__ ,

We didn't get requests for it till now and we can surely evaluate it for next developments.

Please use sk173416 in order to provide the relevant information.

We are using this SK for collecting common requests from customers.

Thanks,

Micky

0 Kudos
genisis__
Advisor

Will take a look, thanks.

0 Kudos
genisis__
Advisor

Just tried to submit info via feedback in the SK but its not working, so info I found is below:

Service Name: Mcafee Cloud
https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB87232

Service Name: Cisco Meraki

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Other_Topics/Upstream_Firewall_Rules_for_Clo...

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Hi @genisis__ currently the feedback form does not allow URLs. I am checking with the relevant team how to fix this. Submitted for you just names of the services meanwhile

0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Leader
Leader

@Micky_Michaeli 

thanks for fixing this. It's working since yesterday 19:45.

2021-06-02 07_14_45.png

MikeB
Advisor

Awesome work!.

This also apply for Harmony Endpoint Services?? (sk116590 and sk170198)

0 Kudos
Jiri_Pridal
Explorer

I really miss the list of Apple Update sites! Why do I have to do reverse engineering of Apple infrastructure? Why do I have to make this list by myself? Or am I missing some point when updating Apple machines with HTTPS inspection on?

chp-mac-https-except.png

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Why don't you open an RFE for this?

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Also, from your example it seems to me, FQDN objects would do.

Jiri_Pridal
Explorer

I knew I missed some point. Thanks Val, FQDN will spare lots of time!

0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Leader
Leader

@Jiri_Pridal 

be patient. I think there is time needed to get more and more updatable objects. Check Point starts with only a few objects and now we have a lot more. As you can see in this thread, it's possible to request a new object. @Kaspars_Zibarts started this thread ‎2021-04-23 08:13 AM and yesterday we got the new object for Check Point service. 

In the meantime you can use the available Apple-objects from ApplicationControl/URL-Filter:

Screenshot 2021-06-02 093144.png

Micky_Michaeli
Employee
Employee

Hi,

We just released a new Updatable object for GitHub Services.

The new object for Zscaler Services is planned to be released by the first week of July.

We created sk173416 for Updatable Objects FAQ - You can find interesting information on Updatable objects and how new suggestions for Updatable objects can be submitted.

Thanks,
Micky

the_rock
Leader
Leader

Very good news indeed!

0 Kudos
Andreas_Hofmann
Participant

Hi, what are the plans for SAP cloud services which is a woldwide ERP software standard?

Thanks

Andreas

0 Kudos
Micky_Michaeli
Employee
Employee

Hi @Andreas_Hofmann,

We didn't get a lot requests for it till now and we can surely evaluate it as next released objects.

Please use sk173416 in order to provide the relevant information regarding SAP cloud services updatable object.

We are using this SK for collecting common requests from customers.

Thanks,

Micky

0 Kudos
Dor_Marcovitch
Advisor

what would be great is the ability to create a customer updatable object based on a URL that returns a list of IPs that way you wont be only relay on checkpoint to create them.

PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

We already have this in R81, it’s called a Generic Data Center object.
You just have to host a JSON file on a web server.
You can put whatever IPs in it you want (doesn’t support domains currently).

0 Kudos