Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JayTee-Hove
Participant

Unable to install DLP Exchange agent for exchange 2016

I seem to be battling with installing a DLP exchange agent on Server 2012r2 which hosts the Exchange 2016 CAS server. Each time I try to install the agent on the server I keep getting the error attached. Is there something I am missing perhaps. Can someone please assistCAS error.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The installer for DLP Exchange agent looks for the "NETWORK_SERVICE" account during installation.
You clearly don't have it or its named something else (perhaps in a different language).
The TAC may be able to provide a fixed version of the agent for your specific case.
JayTee-Hove
Participant

Thank you for your response. Just for interest sake, what is the function of this service?

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

My understanding is that it's a standard service available in Windows Server by default.
See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/services/networkservice-account
0 Kudos
Tim_McColgan
Contributor

@JayTee-Hove  did you get this resolved? I am running into the same issue. 

0 Kudos
LarsHv
Explorer

Hi

I had a similair problem at a setup with 3 Exchange servers. Two installed the agent without any problems, the third had same error.

I ended up with this

Unistall agent

I had a lib in C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server called "transport roles". I removed this ( not the correct one under exchange server\v15 !! )

allowed NETWORK SERVICE read &execute, list folders, read, write,  to the folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\TransportRoles

downloaded a fresh dlp agent installer

installed this again

and it installed withou any problems 🙂

br

lars

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events