cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Tip of the Week - Generic Data Center Feature in R81

With the latest R80 releases, you can now use Data Center objects integrated with quite a few public and private cloud providers: AWS, Azure, GCP VMWare, Cisco, etc. R81 release takes this integration one step further, with a Generic Data Center feature.

The Generic Data Center feature provides the ability to enforce access to/from IP addresses defined in JSON files located in external web servers or locally on the Security Management machine.

These Generic Data Center objects are updated automatically on the Security Gateway each time the JSON file change. There is no need to install a policy for the updates to take effect. Objects created based on these files can be used as a source, or a destination in the following policies: Access Control policy, NAT policy, Threat Prevention policy, HTTPS Inspection policy.

For more information, look into this SecureKnowledge article.

4 Replies
Antonio_Opromol
Contributor

Thanks Val,

I'm looking for a webapi to create via Ansible the Generic Data Center Object, but I've found only the webapi for add or modify the "Data Center Object"....how i s possible to add, modify a Generic Data Center Object in R81 with the webservices?

Thanks

0 Kudos
b0neyard
Explorer

0 Kudos
Vladimir
Champion
Champion

@_Val_ , If I understand it correctly, the Generic Datacenter object is simply a dynamic IP range representation that does not really have any of the attributes and capabilities of the other Datacenter objects, such as tag integration, group memberships, etc..., correct?

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

Yes and no. You can feed the data the way you want. You can have multiple groups with different IP addresses, as the SK shows. It is on you to read tags and feed data properly, with the tools you have

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events