Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anna_Ushakova
Contributor

The license it is impossible to detach it in smartupdate

Why after removal of the license through CLI from the device it is impossible to detach it in smartupdate?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Screenshots?

0 Kudos
JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

Because there is no longer license ? Therefore there is nothing to be detached? Try to Get Data from the GW and after that you should be able to delete license, which is not used anymore.

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
0 Kudos
Anna_Ushakova
Contributor

I was probably wrong. Licenses have been removed via the CLI from the device. After that, I wanted to unpin them in the Smart Update using the “separate license” button. But I could not do that. They hang in the smart update, and the output of the click print-x command indicates that there are no licenses.

0 Kudos
AlekseiShelepov
Advisor

Try to just choose "Get licenses" in SmartUpdate for these gateways.

Vladimir
Champion
Champion

Actually, there is another scenario where I could benefit from being able to deleting licenses in SmartUpdate only:

I have few old gateways and cluster objects in one of the policy packages that are no longer physically present.

I'd like to keep those, just for the references.

In SmartUpdate, there are expired licenses and contracts associated with those objects that could not be detached and thus, could not be deleted, cluttering the license repository.

Get Licenses from non-existent object does not work.

I am pretty sure that I can clean it up via CLI, but it is a headache.

JozkoMrkvicka
Mentor
Mentor

I did some clean-up (removal) of licenses based on:

Forcing License Removal 

Kind regards,
Jozko Mrkvicka
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

Is this procedure still valid for R80.x?

I have replaced a GW but the old license is still attached to the GW object in SmartUpdate.  Clearly when I attempt to remove this it cannot.

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

The SK in question is marked as "old" and may no longer apply.
In general, SmartUpdate was not updated for R80.x.

0 Kudos
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

It look like the old license has been removed?  I wondering if the system automatically checks against the UC and updates accordingly.

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

SmartUpdate is one of the most unreliable parts of sofdtware in R80.20+ environments. For Domains you need to apply the same license twice for eval licenses that you want ot remove, it will just not delete it, or it says it's deleted but it still there etc etc 

Best advice I can give you (I work with it about every week): Do what you need to do, ignore errors and check for the result the next day. Also try to do a get licenses form gateway when you see thing you don't trust. Always check the state on the gateway to be sure it shows the correct license.

Regards, Maarten
genisis__
Leader Leader
Leader

Totally agree!

I literally have to maintain a spreadsheet to record what licenses are allocated where and cplic print on the GWs.  I really don't understand why Checkpoint has not fixed this.  It's been unreliable for a number of years now.  

They would be better off just stripping it out and going back to manual application, at least people would know what to expect.

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

SmartUpdate is a legacy client. R81 has new tools for license and package management, as part of SmartConsole.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events