Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee
Jump to solution

Suppressing boot progress bar from LOM boot screen

I have lost my notes.. does anyone remember how to disable the progress bar when booting from LOM and seeing actual boot sequence log? Played with couple of GRUB parameters but still no joy

image.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

I was about to write it here haha Thanks! I did my own entry in grub boot list (/boot/grub/grub.conf)

title Kaspars special
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-x86_64 ro  root=/dev/vg_splat/lv_current grub_mode=64bit-normal vmalloc=256M  panic=15 console=tty1 console=CURRENT kgdboc=kbd,ttyS0 crashkernel=0M-35G:280M,35G-250G:768M,250G-:1G intel_idle.max_cstate=0 eagerfpu=on spectre_v2=off nopti 3 quiet
        initrd /initrd-x86_64

image.png

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

I‘m not sure, but normal Linux console switch should work Ctrl+Alt+Fn to change the displayed screen.

0 Kudos
Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Thanks! Tried but didn't work 😞 will keep digging as I need to get boot sequence log from a remote node 😞

0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

@Kaspars_Zibarts  something to play this morning.... 😎

change "console=serial" to "console=CURRENT" in the needed line in /boot/grub/grub.conf

To get more messages remove the "quiet"

Screenshot 2022-05-05 101737.png

hope this helps 

Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

I was about to write it here haha Thanks! I did my own entry in grub boot list (/boot/grub/grub.conf)

title Kaspars special
        root (hd0,0)
        kernel /vmlinuz-x86_64 ro  root=/dev/vg_splat/lv_current grub_mode=64bit-normal vmalloc=256M  panic=15 console=tty1 console=CURRENT kgdboc=kbd,ttyS0 crashkernel=0M-35G:280M,35G-250G:768M,250G-:1G intel_idle.max_cstate=0 eagerfpu=on spectre_v2=off nopti 3 quiet
        initrd /initrd-x86_64

image.png

Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

BTW - interesting part with changing only "console=serial" to "console=CURRENT" was that I lost connectivity on regular serial port after boot. 

So I think the options given in "debug on" mode are quite good to have both serial and terminal with keyboard

console=tty1 console=CURRENT kgdboc=kbd,ttyS0

0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

Yes, that's correct with "console=CURRENT" only you'll loose both the RJ45 serial console and the USB serial console.

Kaspars_Zibarts
Employee Employee
Employee

Thanks @Wolfgang really appreciated!

Next challenge with the LOM Java terminal is to copy text output.. 🙂 can record video of course but having plain text would be nice. Funny challenges when GW is too far away and all you have is LOM

0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

Azure Video Indexer does the job.

https://www.videoindexer.ai/

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

@Wolfgang  I was that close to squash the comment as a spam 🙂

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events