Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leonard_Abril
Participant

Route a vlan through a wan and another vlan through another wan

I have a scenario with two wan interface, and I need one of the vlan to travel through the other wan interface
0 Kudos
7 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Without more details about your configuration, I'll say Policy Based Routing should be able to handle this.
0 Kudos
Leonard_Abril
Participant

Could you tell me a sk where I can see an example since I tried but it didn't work. I appreciate your collaboration
0 Kudos
Nick_Doropoulos
Advisor

Hi Leonard,

Probably best to start with sk100500.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

0 Kudos
Leonard_Abril
Participant

The sk was helpful but I have a problem when I try to reach a different vlan does not work. Any suggestions to solve this problem

0 Kudos
mdjmcnally
Advisor

Whilst you can use a Source Based Route to default out the Second WAN link you will then need to put into place in the PBR routing for when want to connect to other VLANs within the Company, otherwise will end up going out over the Second WAN link.

0 Kudos
tnguyen
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

If you want inbound traffic on a vlan interface to be forwarded on a specific wan interface, you can configure a PBR rule with the vlan interface as iif and the default route in the associated PBR route table with the nexthop of the wan interface.

0 Kudos
FedericoMeiners
Advisor

As stated before, PBR with source based routing + "Hide behind gateway" NAT settings for the desired prefix should do the trick.

If you cannot make it work please post traffic flow captures from fw monitor so we can see if the traffic is leaving the right interface and if it's coming back 🙂

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events