Create a Post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kb89
Explorer

R80.20 smartconsole mgmt server object completely greyed out

So our primary mgmt server died and i replaced it with the new one, everything is configured only issue is im not able to reset sic for this new server with smartconsole as the entire smartconsole object is greyed out, this is the second time the server has failed and initially when i replaced the first time i was easily able to reset and establish sic as nothing was greyed out but not this time as everything is greyed out.

server.png

As you can see above everything including that "communication" tab is greyed out, do i have to create a new object now?

Thanks and Regards.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

That's probably a good idea in this case.
You can't really reset SIC on the management server in the object in any case, as it is the ICA.

0 Kudos
kb1
Collaborator

ok i guess ill create a new object.

0 Kudos
kb1
Collaborator

Do i just create a new object and establish sic and thats it? and database will sync automatically or do i need to do something else as well?

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

In this case I would really get TAC involved instead of creating a new object.

Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

No, he should not reset anything, it is too intrusive. There is an SK for recovery process with the procedure: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

We also discuss this in the Maintenance and Upgrades Best Practices Live session 🙂

0 Kudos
_Val_
Admin
Admin

You are taking it from the wrong angle.

If your primary management server dies, and you did not have a backup to restore it from, use the procedure from here: https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solut...

It includes:

1. promoting secondary to primary
  2. deleting the "old" primary object
  3. installing the new machine as secondary
  4. MGMT HA sync

The roles will be swapped, but you can repeat the promotiong from secondary to primary again, to get back to the previous situation. Also , "new" primary will have to be demoted to secondary

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events