Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TamSOL
Collaborator
Jump to solution

Logs sent from SecureGateway when mgmt HA is configured

Dear Team

What are the log specification when setting up mgmt-HA with two Smart-1 appliances?
I thought there was no log when Smart-1#1 stopped, but when I tried it, there was a log when Smart-1#1 stopped, and it was the same as Smart-1#2.

The logs have been accumulating in SecureGateway for a while, and will they be synced when Smart-1#1 comes up, or is the log also synced from Smart-1#2?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Where the logs go is controlled by the settings per the screenshots above.

When management is unavailable the gateway will attempt to retain logs locally for as long as capacity allows until such time as connectivity is restored.

If the configuration is sending to both, the logs will be available on the Secondary to be accessed whilst primary is down.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

What logging options do you have configured in the gateway object and which component versions are used?

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
TamSOL
Collaborator

Thank you for the reply.

Is this where the logging options are set?

logsetting.JPG

0 Kudos
Wolfgang
Authority
Authority

You can configure your gateways to send the logs to both management hosts. If doing this, all logs are available at the same time on both nodes. If you configure a backup log host, the logs are send only to this host if the primary is not available.

Will be disk storage no problem on both nodes I would prefer sending all logs to both nodes everytime.

2023-02-01 14_18_31.png

0 Kudos
TamSOL
Collaborator

Thank you for the reply.

With this setup, I think that the logs when the primary is down don't remain in the primary, is this understanding correct?

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Your question is unclear but the logs are not removed from the primary no.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
TamSOL
Collaborator

Thank you for the reply.

First of all does mgmt-HA have log synchronization feature?
If the SecureGateway is set to send logs to two amart-1 appliances , how will the logs be processed while the 1 Primary unit is down?
Is the log sent only to the Secondary? Is the log sent from the SecureGateway when the Primary is starting?

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Where the logs go is controlled by the settings per the screenshots above.

When management is unavailable the gateway will attempt to retain logs locally for as long as capacity allows until such time as connectivity is restored.

If the configuration is sending to both, the logs will be available on the Secondary to be accessed whilst primary is down.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
TamSOL
Collaborator

Thank you for the reply.

I understood that the logs are also accumulated in SG and supplemented when the connection of primary that is down is restored.
Can this supplementation period be adjusted?

.Of course, we recognize that logs are being contiune to sent to Secondary, which is not down, even while primary is down.

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

It depends on available disk space and the configured thresholds for the same.

disk.png

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos
TamSOL
Collaborator

Thank you for the reply.

I want to know that is not the thresh holds of the disk, the time cycle of SMS and SG log synchronization.

Is there a limit to syncing log?

For example, if Primary is stopped for 3 days, only the last 2 days will be reflected. etc

0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

Again it is based on storage space not time since each environment is different in terms of log rates/volumes.

Generally more free space equals longer retention.

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events