cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clint_Revell
Participant

Identity agent asks user for settings after silent MSI install

Identity Agent Post-install Pop Up

We are deploying the Identity Agent for a customer and have packaged a custom MSI install (minus Packet Tagging) for distribution via SCCM.  We used the IAConfigTool.exe to customise and save a new MSI, including the setting "Copy configuration from this computer". While the agent installs correctly and Active Directory configuration (setup using the Distributed Configuration tool) works correctly after installation, the issue we have is to do with the agent's behavior immediately after the MSI installation has completed.  The user is always prompted with the Settings Dialog and forced to accept "Use automatic server discovery"/change with OK.  This is obviously not ideal and not desirable in a centrally managed deployment with software distribution - we don't want users to see or be able to change the configuration.  We haven't found any way to disable this settings dialog prompt - we have tried dumping and importing registry keys prior to MSI installation, with no luck.  Is this a bug?  Or a new behavior, recently introduced?   

We have tried including DNS records for discovery (just to get around this initial settings dialog error: "Identity Server isn't configured and could not be found automatically")

We have tried to use the cpmsi_tool.exe method with no luck - there's no useful documentation on how this is supposed to work.

We initially deployed/tested version R80.172 but also experienced the "Always open after startup" so are now using R80.174.  Thanks Royi Priov‌ and Tobias Karsbo

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Royi_Priov
Employee
Employee

Hi!

Is there an SR with TAC for this?

Thanks,

Royi Priov.

Thanks,
Royi Priov
Group manager, Identity Awareness R&D
0 Kudos
Khawla_Dawd
Employee Alumnus
Employee Alumnus

Hi Royi,

I have a couple cases with issues for this particular build. A case was not created for the above issue because they decided to revert back to R77.10002. The other issues they were facing are frequent logouts of the agent, and being unable to connect again, with error "The Check Point Managed Asset Detection Service is not responding, please try again later or contact your system administrator."

0 Kudos
Clint_Revell
Participant

Hi Royi

No, I thought it might be quicker posting here and someone else may have already found a fix for this particular issue. If you think that the behavior is not as expected then maybe I should raise a case for it, to get resolved? 

0 Kudos
Clint_Revell
Participant

Hi Royi 

We have raised a case with Check Point support; 6-0001554147.

We also have seen the Managed Asset Detection service not responding fault.  Is there a fix for this?

0 Kudos
Adi_Babai
Employee
Employee

Hi Clint,

We are not familiar with the MAD service issue.

Regarding the Settings window issue - does it occur only when you work with the customized package or also with the original MSI of the agent?

Who is the SR owner in TAC? I will work with him to understand better the issues and review the info that was collected so far.

Thanks,

Adi

0 Kudos
Jf821
Explorer

I have also hit this problem with R80.202.0000

Happens with both a custom installer (as I dont want packet tagging) and the full installer.

I have tried pre-populating  a number of different registry keys, with no luck either including:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\CheckPoint\IA]
"GlobalConfigEnabled"=dword:00000001
"IsFirstTimeActivation"=dword:00000000
"CurrentVersion"="1.0"
"DefaultGatewayEnabled"=dword:00000000

0 Kudos
KE
Participant

I think the reason for this is the agent installer disrupts network connectivity.
The installed agent fails to connect so the Settings Dialog pops up.
Meanwhile network connectivity returns and the agent connects via auto diescovery (AD LDAP keys, or DNS rekord).
But the dialog remains visible until user interaction.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events