cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darren_Fine
Collaborator

Gaia Sub interfaces on Hyper-V ?

Hi,

I have a customer who wants to run their gateway in Hyper-V as VE. They are migrating from physical 4600's. It looks like Gaia based on the old Redhat Kernel cannot communicate sub interfaces with Hyper-V correctly. (this is an issue since Hyper-V only allows upto 8 interfaces to be attached to the firewall VM - and these guys have 13 network segments directly connected to the firewall).

I also see that sk106855 mentions this 

Interface Type = Synthetic network interface 

• VLAN trunking is not supported

Any idea if this will be addressed ?

Is this perhaps available in R80.30 for the Security Gateway?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

There is a version of R80.20 with the new kernel that I believe has updated drivers as a result.

See: Check Point R80.20 with Gaia 3.10 for AWS, Azure and Open Server Security Gateways 

That said, Hyper-V is not listed as a supported platform.

Still might be worth testing in the lab in any case.

0 Kudos
Darren_Fine
Collaborator

Hi Dameon,
(Firstly - thanks for the response.)
Tried the latest T8 image fromt he link you posted - it wont even boot into Hyper-V (nor Esxi 6.7 incidentally) states no drivers for HDD.
I also tried the installing R80.30 T148 EA but no joy on the sub interfaces working.
Strange cause Centos 7 Live CD just works (kernel 3.10.0-229) 🙂
Regards
0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

Ok, maybe we haven't updated the drivers just yet Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Abhishek_Singh1
Contributor

Is this resolved ?? Which version of Checkpoint Gaia OS supports vlan-trunking in Hyper-V ??

0 Kudos
PhoneBoy
Admin
Admin

I recommend checking the R80.30 3.10 EA.
Not sure it's supported in Hyper-V but I would expect it to have newer NIC drivers.
If you absolutely require this, I highly recommend engaging with your local Check Point office on this.
0 Kudos
Chris_Atkinson
Employee Employee
Employee

For reference Microsoft talk about trunking support for Hyper-V and different Linux versions here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/virtualization/hyper-v/Supported-CentOS-and-Red-Hat-...

CCSM R77/R80/ELITE
0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events