cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ankur_Datta
Collaborator

Firewall not accept new password for user

Hi All,

Today we changed a password for one of the firewall because it's password got expired. After changing the password, firewall not allows to login into it using that password. 

The user is not a self-created user ( eg admin/monitor) 

We tried to change the password, copying the password-hash value from different firewall, Restarting checkpoint services, rebooting the firewall, deleting the user and again creating it but nothing work. 

We temporary created new user and gave it to the client. 

in var/log/messages file i am getting login denied for user from IP but that ip doesn't belong to my system. Maybe client is trying to access. but when i try to access, i can't see any denied logs.

This is the 2nd firewall on which we are facing the issue.

Gateway R77.30

Hotfix - Take_216 is installed.

Please suggest.

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

When you copy a hashed Password make sure to copy it from a same version gateway, otherwise the password will not be accepted.
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Ankur_Datta
Collaborator

Hi Maarten_Sjouw,

The password was copied from same GW version. That GW is part of cluster with the GW that has issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Maarten_Sjouw
Champion
Champion

Then the only other possibility is that something went wrong with the copy and paste action, we paste hased passwords on a weekly base and the only problem I found so far was between versions R77.x and R80.x
Regards, Maarten
0 Kudos
Ankur_Datta
Collaborator

Hi Maarten_Sjouw,

We even tried to keep simple password but that also not work. Once we created a new user. we were able to login with new user.

0 Kudos
Ankur_Datta
Collaborator

can you please suggest where to check for authentication logs to grill down the issue. 

or anyone faced similar issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Ankur_Datta
Collaborator

Hi All,

Please let me know if anyone faced this issue. We are still facing this issue.

0 Kudos

Leaderboard

Epsum factorial non deposit quid pro quo hic escorol.

Upcoming Events

CheckMates Events